(new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: (4 new Pcodes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

I've just flashed mine with CV_GB.. I took a photo before doing this. Then when i was done, took another photo of the same object, with same room lighting etc... There is no difference in the photos :( I have a TP Link router on the wall, and in both photos you cant even make out the logo on the router. But the same photo taken with my iPhone5, you can read the writing.. Really disappointed.. I really wanted a reason to keep this Lumia and sell my iPhone 5... lol
Sold my Lumia 920 for the same reason and am back on iPhone 5 now with sharp detailed pics. For low light photos I use the "Night Modes" app.

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: (4 new Pcodes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

OK, this is strange. I have a Swedish unbranded phone and I have noticed that:
  • With the UK portico firmware the images were quite a bit sharper, but also a bit noisier.
  • With the SE protico firmware the images are the same as pre-update.

Seems strange that they would treat the cameras differently in different firmwares.

TimInIreland

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

OK, this is strange. I have a Swedish unbranded phone and I have noticed that:
  • With the UK portico firmware the images were quite a bit sharper, but also a bit noisier.
  • With the SE protico firmware the images are the same as pre-update.

Seems strange that they would treat the cameras differently in different firmwares.

I updated my UK Lumia with the EE ROM, and the camera is very slightly sharper. These photos were taken with no flash, and the router was on the wall about 2.5 meters away. Cropped at 100% But as you can see, the iPhone5 i still better. You cant even read the name on the router in the Lumia photos. With all this hype about its amazing Carl Zeiss lens etc, the sharpness is really poor.

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone have a download link to the latest version of Nokia Care Suite? The one in the "Fix for bricked 920" thread isn't working for some reason. I tried searching for a download, but none of them work...

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I updated my UK Lumia with the EE ROM, and the camera is very slightly sharper. These photos were taken with no flash, and the router was on the wall about 2.5 meters away. Cropped at 100% But as you can see, the iPhone5 i still better. You cant even read the name on the router in the Lumia photos. With all this hype about its amazing Carl Zeiss lens etc, the sharpness is really poor.

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Yeah, iPhone 5 is better for sharpness - I am hoping to see some improvements for international fw by Nokia, before the end of February .... but it is not just low light what makes Lumia 920 better, try to compare recorded videos (with voice) and you will catch the difference ... or take some backlight pics (with backlight scene of Lumia 920) ...

Nokia Care Suite download link of the "Fix for bricked 920" thread IS WORKING ONE AND RIGHT ONE ... :)

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Are there any benefits to flashing my Singapore variant with a UK variant? Like, does Nokia/MSFT tend to roll out updates to UK before Singapore or do they usually roll out updates for all international phones at the same time? Or does flashing my phone have nothing to do with this? Sorry if I have dumb questions :p

steelcuda

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

I have a Microsoft Build Lumia 920 that started acting up (Cam software stopped working and Internet Sharing) so I tried to do a "Reset Phone" and it bricked. I used the instructions here and had no issues! Saved my day, thank you.

Scott

doctorweir

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

RM821 is not supported in the version of Nokia Care Suite 5 that I downloaded today (from your link)

There is an updater within the Suite to update the phone database. First the one I downloaded also missed the new Lumias. Just update in the main suite app and all new models will be there.

thyttel

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

All the portico firmwares seem to be gone from the server now..............

GeneNZ

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

I updated mine purely because I purchased my 920 in Singapore, but I live in the UK. So in theory it should mean that I get future updates provisioned for the UK and optimizations for UK (e.g. LTE).

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Is something wrong with the NaviFirm or NokiaCare suite server?

I can't see the Portico firmware anymore! All gone from the server!!!
The remaining firmware is the old version now.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Is something wrong with the NaviFirm or NokiaCare suite server?

I can't see the Portico firmware anymore! All gone from the server!!!
The remaining firmware is the old version now.

I think they've pulled away all the Portico firmwares. There was a rumour of Navifirm shutting down anyway.
Most likely Portico are removed because the update has introduced worse issues for some users. Maybe we all jumped on an update that wasn't quite there yet?

doctorweir

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Lucky I already downloaded my SingTel ROM with NaviFirm when it came out...so still can flash it later :)

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

As the portico update Is no longer available I decided to go to Nokia care centre to complain about the problems I have been having with my 920. after a few min of talking to them they decided it needs the latest software, So as I wright this my phone should be getting portico update.

My suggestion for those that are still having problems see if Nokia care will update the software for you, I know this is silly but Nokia have dropped the ball here as all phones should have received the update even if it only fixes 50% of the problems.

doctorweir

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
RE: (4 new Pcodes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Success...really feels a bit smoother and a couple more options here and there. WiFi keep alive is a life saver :)
Sent from my RM-821_apac_singapore_294 using Board Express

Jarrod Vassallo

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Hello my phone is the 059Q9L9, 1232.2109.1242.1001 - followed the steps above, however I just ended up with the same (Apollo) Windows Phone 8 RTM.

doctorweir

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

New Firmware needs to be RM821_1232.5951.1249.xxx...you probably flashed the same, as all Porticos have disappeared from the servers...

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
For those of us that flashed the portico update, will we receive OTA updates or will we have to go back to our default firmware?

Seems Portico has introduced a few bugs so maybe the OTA will be different to what we installed.

doctorweir

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
RE: (4 new Pcodes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

OTA works fine...already received one for a language update. Should be fine as these are all official ROMs.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

I can't seem to find lumia 920 on my nokia care suite 5.0 :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb