(new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
No, it does improve the camera. Photos are noticeably sharper when zoomed in and colour reproduction is better. I had two 920s to compare photos with and they are definitely improved on the Portico update (Australian firmware). My battery life seems to be better and bluetooth has been improved (my phone automatically connects to my car now, where previously it did not). Overall a pretty decent update.

It sounds great. Then I will wait for the OTA just because of the warranty issue. After all, the phone works fine so far (not that many 'usual defects' reported here).

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: (30+ new product codes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install

Actually I couldn't take a picture while talking before Portico ,(now I could) , can anyone confirm If the old firmware doesn't allow camera to be launched while talking?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: (30+ new product codes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install

This post got 7.133 views , since it was published on 12-25-2012, 03:31 AM. This means 48 views per minute ... Damn the like button must be down :D

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Just a question about warranty: if i flash the exact product code for my phone, will I lose warranty cover?

Yudy Herwibowo

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: (new product codes) How to: Force Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Thanks but I've already tried it and all languages were there but the GPS stopped working so had to revert to pre-portico :(

/Per
mind me asking, how do you revert back o pre-portico? obviously using the refurbish program wont work, as the start button wont clickable and the software status shows not upgradeable, at least in my case. can you please tell me how? or point me the link for the tutorial on how to do that? i tried google but i only found for updating fw and bricked phone only. many thanks in advance

sharkiver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

what would it do to my phone? im so impatient , black matte is now shiny thanks to my armor suit skin ;)

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: (new product codes) How to: Force Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

mind me asking, how do you revert back o pre-portico? obviously using the refurbish program wont work, as the start button wont clickable and the software status shows not upgradeable, at least in my case. can you please tell me how? or point me the link for the tutorial on how to do that? i tried google but i only found for updating fw and bricked phone only. many thanks in advance

It's quite easy to revert, close NCS and empty the c:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\ folder and replace it with the old FW downloaded via Navifirm.
NCS detects it upon next start and the start button for recovery will be available.

/Per

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Actually I couldn't take a picture while talking before Portico ,(now I could) , can anyone confirm If the old firmware doesn't allow camera to be launched while talking?

It was glitchy. It freezes my phone if I try to take quick pics while on call. I'm fine with 2-3 snaps, but if I carry on, the screen freezes with 100% brightness and sometimes locking/unlocking start screen works, other times, a soft reset is the only option. However, I might have to wait out for an OTA as warranty is important when you are stuck with 2 year contract on such an expensive device!

Yudy Herwibowo

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

It's quite easy to revert, close NCS and empty the c:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\ folder and replace it with the old FW downloaded via Navifirm.
NCS detects it upon next start and the start button for recovery will be available.

/Per

thank you for your reply. the start button on recovery is already available if i choose it from programming on the left corner side, then i clicked the start button, it went re-verifying packages at first then a pop up dialog saying recovery failed : unable to find error message came up. did i missed something here?

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

thank you for your reply. the start button on recovery is already available if i choose it from programming on the left corner side, then i clicked the start button, it went re-verifying packages at first then a pop up dialog saying recovery failed : unable to find error message came up. did i missed something here?

Are you trying to load Indonesian fw package ? (well, your name sounds like Indonesian name) - what RM-821 fw package exactly ? ... I am using CV GB fw, partially because it was not possible to install SE_NO (Scandinavian) fw - it always failed during check, so it was not even possible to start to install it ...

Yudy Herwibowo

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Are you trying to load Indonesian fw package ? (well, your name sounds like Indonesian name) - what RM-821 fw package exactly ? ... I am using CV GB fw, partially because it was not possible to install SE_NO (Scandinavian) fw - it always failed during check, so it was not even possible to start to install it ...

as a matter of fact..yes i am :) I'm currently using RM-821 var AU telstra white, before that i was using the North Africa rom, and those two were easy to flash as its flashes straight away as an update using refurbish, and now i wish to go back to the stock fw which is downgrading fw, as portico didn't really go too well on my phone. but i haven't found any exact tutorial on just how to do that. i've tried the instruction kindly posted by Perus but still no luck.

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

as a matter of fact..yes i am :) I'm currently using RM-821 var AU telstra white, before that i was using the North Africa rom, and those two were easy to flash as its flashes straight away as an update using refurbish, and now i wish to go back to the stock fw which is downgrading fw, as portico didn't really go too well on my phone. but i haven't found any exact tutorial on just how to do that. i've tried the instruction kindly posted by Perus but still no luck.

Then you should install 1232.2109.1242.1001 Indonesian CV ID variant (not new 1232.5951. CV ID fw) - it should be pretty easy to re-install it ... however, why you do not try other new 1232.5951 fw first, like DE, GB or Hong Kong (VAR HK CV) variants as they have all good responses from users ... I would not go back for old fw either :)

EDIT: can you explain what do you mean that Portico did not really go too well to your phone ? - honestly, Portico has a bunch of bug fixes, including true camera improvements - a big step better fw as old fw ... I did not find a single case so far that it did not match for old fw ...

Last edited:

Yudy Herwibowo

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Then you should install 1232.2109.1242.1001 Indonesian CV ID variant (not new 1232.5951. CV ID fw) - it should be pretty easy to re-install it ... however, why you do not try other new 1232.5951 fw first, like DE, GB or Hong Kong (VAR HK CV) variants as they have all good responses from users ... I would not go back for old fw either :)

that's the thing, i cant flash to those fw either, as the firmware i'm currently using right now happens to be a higher version than those firmwares, in basic info the firmware status showing not upgradeable and the start button on refurbish is not click able. and that is where i stuck at the moment. maybe you can tell me how? please :)

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for hijacking your question but I have the same issue with the NO_SE package (which is my assigned product code) and ended up with the DE 059Q9L9 package which worked as a charm ;)

/Per

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

that's the thing, i cant flash to those fw either, as the firmware i'm currently using right now happens to be a higher version than those firmwares, in basic info the firmware status showing not upgradeable and the start button on refurbish is not click able. and that is where i stuck at the moment. maybe you can tell me how? please :)

Can you try by "Product Support tool for Store 5.0 (ver. 2012.45.4.5)" - then open product RM-821 - then click Programming - then chose Recovery (instead of Refurbish) and your chosen fw should see on the list - well, if you already copied that certain fw to rm-821 folder - it is in C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-821 .... it might ask you are you sure that you want install that assigned fw, when you click "start" :) - just answer OK ...

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for hijacking your question but I have the same issue with the NO_SE package (which is my assigned product code) and ended up with the DE 059Q9L9 package which worked as a charm ;)

/Per

I think that it is not possible to install that Scandinavian package (1232.5951_NO_SE) ... I ended up 1232.5951 GB CV package, after trying CEE CV (Romania; central europe) and DE CV too ... DE and GB are practically equal ones - either one is OK ...

Yudy Herwibowo

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Can you try by "Product Support tool for Store 5.0 (ver. 2012.45.4.5)" - then open product RM-821 - then click Programming - then chose Recovery (instead of Refurbish) and your chosen fw should see on the list - well, if you already copied that certain fw to rm-821 folder - it is in C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-821 .... it might ask you are you sure that you want install that assigned fw, when you click "start" :) - just answer OK ...

does it have to be on that version of PST? i have updated mine to ver. 2012.51.4.4, other than that i've done exactly the same as you suggested. but every time i click the start button on recovery, it went re-verifying the packages then recovery failed popped out. i found a short tutorial about fixing a bricked device after resetting in this forum, i did that as well, i reset the phone hoping that it would soft bricked LOL and just maybe my issue can be solved by following that tutorial, but i guess i was lucky enough, it went just fine, i did it twice though :confused: oh well I'm just gonna keep on trying and test my luck :) thank you for your help, much appreciate it. cheers :)

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

does it have to be on that version of PST? i have updated mine to ver. 2012.51.4.4, other than that i've done exactly the same as you suggested. but every time i click the start button on recovery, it went re-verifying the packages then recovery failed popped out. i found a short tutorial about fixing a bricked device after resetting in this forum, i did that as well, i reset the phone hoping that it would soft bricked LOL and just maybe my issue can be solved by following that tutorial, but i guess i was lucky enough, it went just fine, i did it twice though :confused: oh well I'm just gonna keep on trying and test my luck :) thank you for your help, much appreciate it. cheers :)

I think that 2012.51.4.4 version is just OK too, I just decided not to update it ... I think that your problem is fw - maybe your download is a bad one, maybe corrupted or not a full one or maybe that certain original fw (on server) is not OK at all, just like my experience with Scandinavian Portico ... if you download Hong Kong Portico for example (1232.5951 HK CV), then I am sure that you do not experience a such problem ... just recheck downloaded fw ...

I still do not understand why you do not install that new 1232.5951 HK CV Portico for your cp ? - just try it and I am pretty sure that you will not regret it .... :)

Yudy Herwibowo

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

I think that 2012.51.4.4 version is just OK too, I just decided not to update it ... I think that your problem is fw - maybe your download is a bad one, maybe corrupted or not a full one or maybe that certain original fw (on server) is not OK at all, just like my experience with Scandinavian Portico ... if you download Hong Kong Portico for example (1232.5951 HK CV), then I am sure that you do not experience a such problem ... just recheck downloaded fw ...

I still do not understand why you do not install that new 1232.5951 HK CV Portico for your cp ? - just try it and I am pretty sure that you will not regret it .... :)

actually i had tried HK CV portico before that i was on CV_ID which is 1232.5951.1249.1002 release version. coming from there it was an easy flash to HK CV portico which is 1232.5951.1249.1004, since the hk cv is showing as an update software version from there i went to refurbish and clicked the start button, but that still didn't fix with the heat issue so i decided to go with Var AU Telstra which is 1232.5951.1249.1007 and give it a go but now the heat issue seems a bit worse, at least on my case. that's why i wish to go back to the stock fw or to other portico rom. i use the same HK CV rom i had flashed before so it couldn't be a bad download. i think it has something to do with me using the latter release version and by flashing to other portico rom means downgrading and the PST didn't seem to like it LOL

edit : finally managed flashing to other portico rom using recovery....at last :) many thanks to Jari p and Perus :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss