Lumia 920 - is it a worthy upgrade over the Lumia 900?

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
As above. I am weighing up getting an unlocked Lumia 920 over a 12 month zero-percent installment plan but my Lumia 900 is still holding up.

There's other factors in play too. There's of course the 'next new thing' which will probably bring more goodies from Nokia and MS like a better PureView camera and I have to say that Nokia's take on a Windows RT tablet has me all excited. Still, I will like to know from ex-L900 owners who took the plunge and upgraded, how has it been?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but you should wait and see what Nokia has in store for Verizon perhaps a mix and match between Pureview 1 and Pureview 2 ... :)

matthewryans

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you better wait for Windows Phone 7.8 to reach your phone, especially when you are considering to get an unlocked version. WP7.8 is going to bring many features of WP8 to your phone and Nokia's got you covered with software support. If you really and REALLY need NFC, PureView camera, and the HD screen, then sure go ahead. Or you could just wait till CES to see what Nokia's got in store for 2013. Best of luck!

Also, where are you located?

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
i would wait. theres too many issues with the 920 right now. Also like above said within the next 2 months new phones should be coming out.

egoz07

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
We have both, and have not encountered any stability issues that some have reported. At least for our family, the added features are a great improvement. And, the camera on the Lumia 920 rocks !

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a 920, coming from a 900. I would say unless you really want the new camera you can wait because to be fair there are very few WP8 exclusive apps (worthy of a new phone anyway) and with 7.8 they will pretty much give you the same experience (at least in the short term).

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Having gone from a 900 to a 920 myself, I'd say it's definitely a worthy upgrade.

However, I had planned to wait until my contract was up. The reason I upgraded early was because I dropped my 900 on cement and got a big crack across the screen.

If you can upgrade to a 920 without shelling out a bunch of money, then I'd say go for it. The improvements over the 920 are very nice. But if you're happy with the 900 and don't have any upgrade discounts available to you, I'd just wait. I would say there should be some kind of successor to the 920 by the end of summer perhaps and then you can get that.

The 920 is awesome, but we are only just beginning to see some new apps arrive that really take advantage of WP8, so you aren't missing out on too much yet. I'd say by this time next year though, there will probably be far more reasons to upgrade than not to.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Living in Singapore and having no discounts as I got my family to go WP7, I guess the better idea is to wait. I have to say though, I can't wait for Nokia to bring the 41MP camera with a BSI sensor and OIS.

WP7.8 and MWC 2013 can't happen fast enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte