I just saw a yellow Lumia 920 - no LTE?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So I'm visiting Dubai for Xmas and the 920s are in abundant supply here. They have several demo units and I saw the yellow one. All I can say is this phone is jaw droppingly beautiful. I have no idea how Apple and especially Android manufacturers can get away with making *hideous* designs and charging the exorbitant amounts that they do. There's no way I'm settling for a black Lumia 920 which is the only one available in Canada. I'll wait for the yellow one.

On the negative side the salesman told me LTE would not work on the Lumia 920 from Dubai. I know there's no LTE yet in Dubai but even if you take the 920 elsewhere and put in an LTE compatible SIM, its still going to connect to the 3G network according to the salesman. I'm strongly doubtful about this since well it came from a salesman and I've never come across a genuinely knowledgeable salesman, and this one was convinced that the 8X absolutely had better low light shots because of the f2.0 lens. I checked the Nokia website and the bands or whatever that are supported seem to be the same on both the Canadian 920 and the one from Dubai. Could someone clarify this please?

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The LTE bands are not the same between the rm820 (Americas version) and the rm821 (rest of world version). Also, LTE seems to be disabled on some rm821 variants -- mine is from Thailand and does not have it. Doesn't matter to me but for example I had no LTE when I was in Singapore even though my operator supports it.

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The LTE bands are not the same between the rm820 (Americas version) and the rm821 (rest of world version). Also, LTE seems to be disabled on some rm821 variants -- mine is from Thailand and does not have it. Doesn't matter to me but for example I had no LTE when I was in Singapore even though my operator supports it.

From my understanding, almost all international versions support LTE, just different bandwith. And in fact, in the Nokia Thai website, it shows it supports 4 bandwiths of LTE. So it's a matter of settings to enable LTE. I saw some other users from this forum that actually enabled LTE, by flashing with a different rom or somethiing i don't know. I'm using a black thai 920 in China but here the LTE is not available so I can't test from my side.

walid1111

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
do they have unlocked ones ..or locked on etsalat network ??

thinking to get colored one(white) ..i got family mem over there who can help

if not i have a black unlocked here in canada anyway

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos