Accessories update?

Tryggr

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to edit what this "screensaver" shows? Mine is showing the time and my next appointment, but no weather. I'd love to add local weather if I can figure out how.

MihirParkar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You can buy NFC tag sticker( costing about 80c each) and thenprogram one to say that it is a charging stand (dt910). Place the sticker on the wireless charger (dt900) and the phone will think it is near a dt910 stand and show the screensaver

jarail

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, so this feature will not work with the wireless charger, only the charging stand (whatever that is - I don't have one)? Thanks.

You could buy an writable NFC sticker and use the NFC Interactor app to write the above mentioned charge stand tag to it. Stick that next to your charger and you're good to go. It's just a lot less useful to have a clock on a flat surface rather than held up for visibility. Also, not sure if you could put the sticker directly on the top of the charge pad. That might cause some interference but I really don't know. You could stick it to the bottom of the plate though so at least it doesn't get lost.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Would love a QR code as of course Windows Phone is terrible at notifying people about updates..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Would've been better to make this available to everyone, even those without nfc stand.

This seems like a really cool feature. Hopefully it gets pushed out to everyone soon.

To each his/her own I guess. I can see the use of this feature when docked, almost like a clock with more info (looks like it can have deeper functionality as they improve it). However, I don't want my phone always on displaying this information when not docked. Maybe if they had this info as a live tile when undocked, then ok.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
To each his/her own I guess. I can see the use of this feature when docked, almost like a clock with more info (looks like it can have deeper functionality as they improve it). However, I don't want my phone always on displaying this information when not docked. Maybe if they had this info as a live tile when undocked, then ok.

When the screen is black Nokia had this feature on their Symbian and MeeGo devices were it displayed clock, messages and such all the time on the AMOLED screen. Naturally this will only work on AMOLED screens as it's the only way the battery takes almost no hit.

I would not mind if Nokia brought that feature back someday.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
When the screen is black Nokia had this feature on their Symbian and MeeGo devices were it displayed clock, messages and such all the time on the AMOLED screen. Naturally this will only work on AMOLED screens as it's the only way the battery takes almost no hit.

I would not mind if Nokia brought that feature back someday.

I think its possible on other types of screens. My Samsung d500 had that feature, and it didn't have amoled screen.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Was wondering what that Accessories update was. This is pretty dang awesome! Finally a useful function for the NFC on the charging stand... it took forever to open any other apps. Having this weather+calender load just makes so much sense.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Also for anyone who is worried about killing battery, overheating or auto-restart/auto-turn off... you can still lock your screen normally!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05