Headphones question

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Are there headphones that can turn the phone on and unlock it just like pushing a power button and swiping screen up?

Thanks

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
On mine i press the the phone button on the headset and the Voice Control thing starts. Then just tell it what you want to do and it will start the app etc.

I have the Creative WP-450 Headset

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Interesting ... My headset also has a button. But when I press it and hold it does not do anything. Holding it down will start Voice Control if a phone is unlocked.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure.

When I hit the button I hear the beep for voice control and then say like "Rowi Tweet" for the Rowi app and it starts up. Then beeps again and I say what i want to tweet and then I can hit send.

I'll test it with some other voice commands.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Must be something to do with the headset.

I have the Motorola ROKR's before this and it worked as well while it was locked I could do voice control etc. I just got these Creative's for Xmas and so far everything control wise seems to work for me.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I see. How would select a headset that would work in a way you are describing? Simply keep trying different sets? Might take a while ....

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Depending on what style you want (Wired, Wireless) etc you may just have to try a few you like and see which ones work. Stay away from wired headsets aimed towards the iphone as it's been discussed that the plug style is different and not all functions will work on those.

I have not tried any Wired Headsets but I have tried the Motorola RoKR and the ones I have now Creative WP-450's and both allow voice control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon