Are most folks happy with their 8X?

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I love mine! I have had zero issues. I've only had mine since the 24th and I gave up my unlimited Verizon data for it, but I have no regrets so far. Plus, I think this is the best looking phone out there. The Bold 99xx has been the sexiest phone up until now in my opinion.

Also, this keyboard is the one to beat. Fell in love with it on my Lumia 710. But with WP8 improvements and the larger screen of the 8x... This is going to be hard to top!
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a Lumia 800, I absolute love my 8X. It's the most beautiful phone I've ever held in my hands. Haven't had any reboots in the 2 weeks I have used it, battery life has been great and WP8 is so much more better than WP7.5! Best phone I've ever owned.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Like always, you have to remember that the people complaining are often the vocal minority. People who have totally working phones don't really come around here to post "My phone works perfectly!" but those who have issues (who just about always are a small minority) often post about the problems to find out if others have the issue or if there is any fix to it.

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with my 8x, after 1 month and more than 50 apps installed I don't see any problem...
Sent from my HTC 8X using Board Express

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Not really, my battery drains like crazy. Really cant figure out why, did everyhting, disconnected everything etc...
It's new, just had 3 full charges but still, I expected more

mooney79

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 8x since mid December. Haven't had any issues. One of my friends has an iPhone 4s and he was jealous of how nice the hd screen looked.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Not really, my battery drains like crazy. Really cant figure out why, did everyhting, disconnected everything etc...
It's new, just had 3 full charges but still, I expected more

maybe replace? I got 21 hours yesterday with light usage, I get 12-14 with heavy usage

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
maybe replace? I got 21 hours yesterday with light usage, I get 12-14 with heavy usage

What brightness setup do you use?
The only thing I still have is brightness on High, because I hate to use phones with low brightness, I wonder if that alone is enough to drain

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I use low, when I use high I still get like 5-6 hours out if it

well, I can also get around 5 or 6 hours, thats what im calling battery drain...
Are you telling me that this phone, with high brightness only lasts 5 or 6 hours? Thats crazy, I could get 2 full days out of my 4s...

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
well, I can also get around 5 or 6 hours, thats what im calling battery drain...
Are you telling me that this phone, with high brightness only lasts 5 or 6 hours? Thats crazy, I could get 2 full days out of my 4s...

I get on average around 20 hours of battery life, dependent on if I start streaming video or playing games. Also dependent on what kind of reception I am getting at work. My office seems to drain the battery a little faster due to bad signal. I have nothing turned off except Wifi and NFC, since I dont use them. And my brightness is also not set to low.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I love my 8X, but only T-Mobile and unlocked users have gotten the Portico update.

I'm kicking myself for being on AT&T. They haven't even announced plans for Portico for the 8X on that carrier.

Well if you got the 920, you would've had it. Curious, why get the 8X on AT&T versus the 920? Like I said, I'm curious. I'm not saying the 920 is better.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Like most of the folks here, I love my 8X. I've had it since it was released.

In fact, the more of my friends who pull out their 920, the more some of them mention buyers remorse about getting the Lumia 920. The 8X has better music (via the headphone when Beats Audio kicks in). They're baffled that the 920 gets the limelight because of its camera since my 8X shots look just as good as theirs. And even though it's only 50g lighter, the slimmer size and weight when compared to the 920 makes a lot of Lumia owners downright jealous.

That said, I've found (thanks to these forums and personal experience) the Skype app and native Facebook apps contribute heavily to battery drain. And some apps (many of the high-graphic weather apps) seem to burn through the battery faster than the rest of my apps. But once I found and eliminated those, I've been getting a consistent 16+ hours with moderate to high usage. I'm looking forward to the Portico update since so many have indicated even further improved battery life.

Add the Nokia Qi charger (works perfectly on the 8X) and the inexpensive Verizon silicone cover (adds 2mm of protection in front of the standard flush screen) and you've got a well-protected, sturdy, super-capable phone that's not only the best smartphone I've owned, but makes some 920 owners think twice about their choice.

djrakowski

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with my 8X on T-Mobile (USA). Using location in the HTC app seemed to kill my battery, so I deleted it and installed Amazing Weather HD, then configured it to update my home city every 2 hours. Since then, it's been great.

I mean, I could complain about apps - both quality and quantity - but those aren't HTC's fault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99