just received my replacement 920. how do i transfer my apps to the new phone?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
is there an app that can do this? my apps are backed up on skydrive but i cant seem to find it to transport.

any insight is appreciated.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
IF you backed up your setttings and app on your previous phone, it is saved in cloud, but you can not access is it directly. You can go to windowsphone.com and see what apps you dled and install that way or if you want to restore the apps to your new replacment phone, you need to do it during the set-up process when you sign into your outlook or whatever email account. If you do not restore from there, you can not restore at any other point in the process or after the setup is completed.

Simply, if you want to restore you apps to your new phone and you backed it up on your old phone, YOU MUST DO IT DURING THE SET-UP PROCESS. You will be prompted to restore right after you sign into your account. Again, if you skip the restore or skip signing in and want to sign in later, you will not be able to restore.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
IF you backed up your setttings and app on your previous phone, it is saved in cloud, but you can not access is it directly. You can go to windowsphone.com and see what apps you dled and install that way or if you want to restore the apps to your new replacment phone, you need to do it during the set-up process when you sign into your outlook or whatever email account. If you do not restore from there, you can not restore at any other point in the process or after the setup is completed.

Simply, if you want to restore you apps to your new phone and you backed it up on your old phone, YOU MUST DO IT DURING THE SET-UP PROCESS. You will be prompted to restore right after you sign into your account. Again, if you skip the restore or skip signing in and want to sign in later, you will not be able to restore.

thanks. i didn't realize it was a one-time-deal. i guess i'll start downloading all my apps again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo