search music on my phone

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I know it's a long workaround, but at the very least on my HTC TITAN you can go to marketplace, search for the track, and then go from there. Say I search for "Miss FD". There's all her albums there, but on there is an option that says something like "On device" which when clicked brings up all the albums on your device. Don't know if that'll work for you? I doubt it will, but that is how to do it currently, as far as I'm aware. It definitely does need fixing though if I am correct.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
What I did for this "fix" is that I have installed Hey DJ! It's a app that uses the TellMe voice capabilities and you can say like, "Surprise Me", "Play this artist", "Play this song"...etc....

kimtaein1

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. that is still too many hops that i will just scroll through a coule thousand songs or by a hunds of artists....
I kinda diagree to the quote though... I am not praising how things worked on iTunes. I don't understand why my new windows phone can't do better. It doesn't have to be exactly same as my old iphone but at least if it is going to play music, then give people a way to search for a song. I am surprised that there isn't any descent music player in the store either. I tried HeyDJ, Amazing Music, playMusic, SKY Music, Touch Music and none of the can search (not by voice) music on my device. it must be really hard to add that feature...

monels11

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Not to insult your ability, but don't jump lists with albums, songs, and artists accomplish the same thing? I might not have as much music as you but I usually just jump to the letter of the album/artist and go from there.

papahood

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
jumping to a certain letter works for me too right now but i can see that if you have a thousand songs within that letter it would be a pain. some of these suggestions above I'm going to give a try too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99