Bricked Lumia 920, Phone does not power on

andylifestyle

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I had to switch Microsoft accounts so I did a phone reset. 5 hours later, the phone was still stuck in the infinite cogwheel animation screen. I tried to restore the device using nokia care suite and in the process, the update aborted itself. Now I'm stuck with a bricked phone where I can't even power the device on.

Here's what I've tried:
- pressing and holding the power+volume-down buttons for extended periods of time (with and without AC)
- pressing and holding the power+volume-down+camera buttons for extended periods of time (with and without AC)
- plugging it into the computer doesn't do anything
- tried letting it charge for 5 hours -- no effect

I'm out of options. Any idea as to what I should do?

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Nokia and MS really need to get a better QA department. After putting my rep on the line by recommending WP8 to a number of friends based on my WP7 experience, I'm really not thrilled with how absolutely badly the last 2 months have been with this phone.

Mohamad Mardini

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me..
During a software update a failed message appeared with no error number and the phone doesn't start up or respond to anything, including USB.

Can anyone help.

FutureBSD

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me as well. Try to figure out if there are ways to get it back but I doubt.
Damn bad timing as I was about to send it to Nokia to get it checked for bad battery life.
If they figure out it has a broken software update (to portico) I'm sure I know what they'll say. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs