Strange problem with my HTC 8x volume control

nickismyname

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have this weird problem that is really starting to annoying me, i listen to music and watch youtube through my phone quiet a lot, but i have noticed that if i put the volume down to 01/30 then it sticks there, i can still change the volume, and make it 25/30 or whatever i want, but any music or videos i watch stay on the 01/30 volume, even if it says 30/30. I know this because i know the volume difference between a phone on 1/30 volume and 30/30 volume, i can fix this by restarting my phone but it is very annoying...
Has anyone else had this problem or knows a fix?

nickismyname

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
i have been studying the problem more and more and it seems if it sticks completely you have to restart, but it only seems to stick volume when i let it role songs, by this i mean not change the song myself, just let it play the next song on the list, and in doing so keeps the same volume of previous song and sticks on it

Please also check out my other thread see if you can help me with it
http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/211583-windows-phone-using-too-much-data.html

SkredRick

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep - I just powered off and on the HTC 8x which resolved the problem.
The volume issue seemed to occur when I used the head phones...

RonZimmerman

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Same problem, happened when I took a picture while listening to podcast. Another time I was listening to music and couldn't change the volume. The readout said I was changing it, but the loudness remained the same.

Badranath17

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Nokia Lumia 920, listening to music with headphones (listening to an album not manually changing each song). The volume becomes stuck and I can't increase the volume but i can decrease the volume. Only solution I have found so far is to soft reset the phone and it fixes it. It has only started to do it in the last couple of days, i've had the phone for 4 months now.

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had a similar problem, though it usually happens only to Podcasts. If I play a song for a moment I can get the volume to change, then go back to the podcast and live with the volume level. The only way to fix this seems to be rebooting the phone and I actually sent along a tweet to the Windows Phone Support folks and they said that it's been forwarded to the proper team to be worked on, or something to that extent.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster