Display wake-up during call

DFB

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay, with the Mango phone, the display would wake up if I'd move the phone from my ear during a call to obviously let me end a call, activate the speaker etc. With the 920 the display remains off and I'll have to hit the power button twice to make it blink for a second and hopefully bulls-eye the **** out of that end-call button in order to end a conversation (I'll have to repeat the maneuvre if I can' hit it, obviously, until I do). Is there a setting somewhere that leaves the display on during call or anything of sort, does anyone else have this issue?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It is the proximity sensor. Many people have had same problem. Whether dust is getting under screen or your screen protector/case is covering sensor, it won't wake screen. I'm not aware of software issue, but there may be an issue with update. Try blowing some compressed air in ear piece speaker opening. Some have had success with this fix. It is just another design/manufacturing issue with 920. There are some more posts in forums. Try search.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
As conanheath said above, this is an issue with the proximity sensor on the lumia 920 and I sometimes have this problem. I have had to actually turn my phone off before mid call if I get a voicemail or a phone tree that doesn't hang up. However this doesn't always happen to me, and when I just blow on the speaker and the sensor are at the top of the phone, it usually fixes the issue.

mind you the only reason I turn the phone off and restart it (just hold the power button on the phone and then slide the screen down) is because I don't want to have recorded a voicemail and then have the person hear me blow on my phone... the things I do sometimes >.> lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro