Am I the only one experiencing laggy scrolling??

pr0

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I got my 8x 2 days ago and immediately after the first boot I noticed it's not as smooth as I thought it will be. I watched some
reviews and it looked just fine, but this is strange. It happens while scrolling through the tiles or through the list of installed apps and
basically in every menu, too. When I "flick" with my thumb and let it slide, it goes extremely smooth - no problem with that. However,
when I my thumb is down on the screen and I try to scroll like that (just moving an inch or so), it gets kinda grippy and laggy, totally
different performance. It's really hard to explain how exactly it looks, but it seems it depends on what I do with my thumb.

Flicking goes smooth like it should on a dual-core 1.5ghz, but slower scrolling is just ridiculous. I really like the phone and the OS,
but this drives me crazy. Now I'm searching through the youtube, watching people scrolling on their phones doing reviews and
everything looks OK. (For example, this review at around 7:15 - scrolling is consistent and smooth, it really looks nice no matter how he/she scrolls)
HD [1080p] HTC 8X Windows 8 First Impressions, Walkthrough, Unboxing - YouTube

I installed the Facebook app and scrolling through it is really nice, so I can't say why it's not on the homescreen. Does anyone else has this kind of problem,
or is it just normal? :unhappy: Tried factory reset, it's still same. A friend of mine got 8S, which is less powerful and I can notice it's not supersmooth, but actually looks better than my 8x.
I'll go and try the phone at the shop and see if it's any different.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't really get what do you mean by laggy but I assume you talk about the text not being read-able while scrolling, that's because of the screen's technology. If you went for 920, you would see a difference.

pr0

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe what I found out! :shocked: :shocked: While "screen magnifier" is on, it causes that terrible lag. I feel so dumb, god knows how I haven't noticed that when I turned
it on the first time. This now feels like a completely different phone. It is so weird, I keep turning it on and off and I'm still shocked how and WHY it changes the scrolling performance.
Looks like some kind of a bug or something...

Yeah, I assume Nokia did a better job with that, but still I manage to read it quite well. I was going to get lumia in the first place, but it still hasn't arrived here so picked a htc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)