Damn, bought used Ativ S, and it is a demo model, not for resale...

D350

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Today I bought a used Ativ S, and later found out, it is a demo/not for resale model. I was not aware of that, It looked just fine, just no box...
Now I restared it and I see some text of some procesesses on start scren and red NOT FOR SALE sign below.
OS version says 8.0.9903.10!
And don't have the text call reject option, which 8.0.10211 up should have...?.

The phone otherwise works so so, chrashes a lot.
I am really worried about updates, will I get them or am I stuck with ****ty demo unit

Can someone let me know...?
I can not return the phone to the seller, does not respond to my calls.

Thanks

wpnokia920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if any firmware is available for this phone right now. I'd imagine it would be flashed via Odin like android Samsung's. Is it unlocked or branded? Maybe take it to a retail corporate store if branded see if they can flash factory firmware?

D350

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if any firmware is available for this phone right now. I'd imagine it would be flashed via Odin like android Samsung's. Is it unlocked or branded? Maybe take it to a retail corporate store if branded see if they can flash factory firmware?

Yes, It is really new. it is, as far as I can see, unbranded and unlocked, Otherwise (I think) everything works.
I sent an email to samsung with S/N and imei, I'll see what they will say about it.

Thanks

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel sorry for you

I have a problem with an iphone that I brought of ebay said unlock but it lock to vodafone and have to pay ?30 to get it unlock not to happy (seeing if i can get the seller to pay for unlocking, it cost way to much when I brought it. :unhappysweat: If not try getting money back from seller, if not sale on ebay and destroy anything with an apple :angry:)

I HATE IPHONE IT WAS FOR MY SISTER :eck:

I spent a full week trying to found the problem as well :confused:

D350

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Update:
A man called me from samsung, saying it is his phone he gave to a friend (who shouldn't have sell it) and asked me, if he can buy it back :)
Sure...so, no Ativ for me now...so I bought a Note2 instead, I'll just wait for something to come along.
I think Ativ s will not be on my list, as the lack of navigation (Nokia drive) is really bothering me.
But then again, 920 is too heavy and too big for 4,5in screen, ****, it weighs the same as note2, and has a 5,5in screen and it is ajoy to look at :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Update:
A man called me from samsung, saying it is his phone he gave to a friend (who shouldn't have sell it) and asked me, if he can buy it back :)
Sure...so, no Ativ for me now...so I bought a Note2 instead, I'll just wait for something to come along.
I think Ativ s will not be on my list, as the lack of navigation (Nokia drive) is really bothering me.
But then again, 920 is too heavy and too big for 4,5in screen, ****, it weighs the same as note2, and has a 5,5in screen and it is ajoy to look at :)

Glad you got that sorted out :)

florinstann1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Damn, what a chance you missed!

Buddy, that phone of yours you resold to samsung was a test phone of higher software versions. If you go back on what you wrote, you were punked by samsung :). Who gives his phone to a friend? Better said, how lucky was he, to find his phone he gave to a friend(a phone that says NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and REBUY!!!!!! it from you :)
On the other hand, it was the moral thing to do, giving it back

D350

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, that was 7months ago... Just call samsung in your country and explain your problem....
Btw, Ebay.de has tons of new Ativ S with warranty for bargain (around 200€), new, with receipt.

Jack Larson1

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Today I bought a used Ativ S, and later found out, it is a demo/not for resale model. I was not aware of that, It looked just fine, just no box...
Now I restared it and I see some text of some procesesses on start scren and red NOT FOR SALE sign below.
OS version says 8.0.9903.10!
And don't have the text call reject option, which 8.0.10211 up should have...?.

The phone otherwise works so so, chrashes a lot.
I am really worried about updates, will I get them or am I stuck with ****ty demo unit

Can someone let me know...?
I can not return the phone to the seller, does not respond to my calls.

Thanks

RvN68

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Better of not loading a newer Firmware.
Even better tip: Do NOT enter the Developer Preview program.
It will render your ATIV S useless.
The install will fail and loading another firmware wil result in a bricked device.

Trust me. I have one. :cry::angry:

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Update:

You can download Here drive+ Here+ on Samsung Ativ S

RvN68

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Could you try to dump the image?!
And make it available for download.
Maybe I can revive my bricked ATIV S (tried to install Developer Preview on my "Not for resale" phone)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers