GPS lock on my lumia 920 isn't accurate ...

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing when i tried to lock on my location using gmaps, it missed around half mile from my true location.
i mean even my cheap blackberry does the job

So this is my concern, "Find my location" becomes useless since it wont lock on the position accurately.

Anyone has the same issue here?

I thought it's the compass callibration, i download new compass app and calibrate it, yet it doesn't help

noowat

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having this problem. when I first got 920, nokia drive app worked just fine and able to locate my current location correctly. but after that 2-3 weeks till now, GPS can't get the correct location and this causes the app to stop working after I tab "start"

Yudy Herwibowo

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
i had the same problem a few hours ago, i tried nokia drive and nokia maps, they were showing almost 500m off course from my current position, no matter how many times i closed the app and re-open them. so i did a soft reset (vol.down + power) then i opened nokia maps, then the gps worked flawlessly. maybe you can try and see if it helps. just sharing

Shakeel88

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me as well. Through wifi its obviously fine however otherwise i either struggle to get a lock on gps or get a location which almost half a mile of.

Does anybody think it could be a case issue? Before i got the here update i did notice it was working fine although i only made two trips

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99