Unlocked Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 & T-MOBILE USA MMS Issue

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

so i have my lumia 920 from rogers unlocked and working fine on T-MOBILE USA. via these forums, it was basically suggested that downloading the Nokia Access Point App will setup internet browsing and MMS with no issues. and guess what it was working fine for a few days. Then sending or receving any MMS's wasnt working. I then did a little more research... and it was suggested to change the fastest connection speed from LTE to 3G. I did that, and it worked for about a day. Now i am back to it not working. I switched from TMOBILE to TMOBILE IPV6, and back, with restarts nothing. i then manually added in the APN info... still nothing. i was looking to try and uninstall the ACCESS POINT app but it seems that its now a hidden system app. I really dont want to factory reset my phone to just try and get this working again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Very odd that it just stopped working :(

Thanks.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I had an mms sitting in my inbox and I couldn't download it. I then followed these steps posted on Nokia's forum and then I was able to download and view the mms.

1) Delete any existing Internet & MMS APN profiles stored in the handset, by tapping: Start, Settings, Mobile Settings, and scroll to the bottom of the screen and remove each apn manually by tapping edit, then tap the delete icon (looks like a waste bin) at the bottom right of the screen (you might need to tap "..." to reveal the option.)

2)Once all Apn's are removed, make sure the phone is connected via wifi., and email these links to yourself:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link 1 "Access Point":
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

Link 2 "Network+":
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=62f172d1-f552-4749-871c-2afd1c95c245

Link 3 "extras+info" :
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=2377fe1b-c10f-47da-92f3-fc517345a3c0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Install each app from the link on your phone. On my phone, I already had 2&3 installed. Once all the above installed, the phone must be rebooted.

5) Now go to the settings menu, and scroll to the bottom. You should now see a new menu called: "Access Point". Tap it and you'll end up with a screen listing any APN's the phone has already found from the sim card (or previous sim cards inserted).

6) Select T-Mobile

Here is where I got the info Re: nokia lumia 920 access point is missing from s... - Nokia Support Discussions

heulfryn

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
where can I purchase Rogers Nokia 920? Can't wait for T-Mobile any more.

cause i don't want to wait any more, if t-mobile get Samsung S4 before Limia 920 I might get S4 instead.

jersey shore

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is the best and only working solution !!!
GJ man !!!

BTW, if i set internet APN to
internet2.voicestream.com, my internet speed went from 4Mbps to almost 10 Mbps !!!
I had an mms sitting in my inbox and I couldn't download it. I then followed these steps posted on Nokia's forum and then I was able to download and view the mms.

1) Delete any existing Internet & MMS APN profiles stored in the handset, by tapping: Start, Settings, Mobile Settings, and scroll to the bottom of the screen and remove each apn manually by tapping edit, then tap the delete icon (looks like a waste bin) at the bottom right of the screen (you might need to tap "..." to reveal the option.)

2)Once all Apn's are removed, make sure the phone is connected via wifi., and email these links to yourself:

Link 1 "Access Point":
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

Link 2 "Network+":
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=62f172d1-f552-4749-871c-2afd1c95c245

Link 3 "extras+info" :
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=2377fe1b-c10f-47da-92f3-fc517345a3c0

3) Install each app from the link on your phone. On my phone, I already had 2&3 installed. Once all the above installed, the phone must be rebooted.

5) Now go to the settings menu, and scroll to the bottom. You should now see a new menu called: "Access Point". Tap it and you'll end up with a screen listing any APN's the phone has already found from the sim card (or previous sim cards inserted).

6) Select T-Mobile

Here is where I got the info Re: nokia lumia 920 access point is missing from s... - Nokia Support Discussions

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
ebay $450 to $550 on auction. Just ebay search Nokia 920 Rogers. Check daily cause they go fast. I bought one from a company that posted 3 forsale with a buy it now for $450 shipped. Note not all are UNLOCKED. They always specify in the auction. If it's locked it'll cost $19.99 for a unlock code. Oh all 3 phones sold within 1 hour of them being posted. So if you look and don't see none just keep looking you'll eventually find one. good luck

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this worked for OP. Also I wonder if this will work for the Verizon 822 using a Tmobile microSim. This was what kept me from buying the 822

Yogi76

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
For people that installed the NOKIA "Access Point" app to get their Lumia 920 working on T-Mobile, did it also break your Internet Sharing on the phone? Before installing Access Point, my Internet Sharing feature worked fine but MMS didn't. Now, after installing the Access Point app, MMS works but when trying to enable Internet Sharing the phone pops up a message that says, "Add Internet sharing? Your current data plan doesn't include Internet sharing. Do you want to open an app from your mobile operator to add it? Internet sharing uses you cellular data and may incur additional charges." I know for sure that my T-Mobile account has Internet sharing and it works fine when I put the SIM card into other phones, including the same Lumia 920 without the Access Point app installed. Anyone else seen the same thing?

goodfellabk718

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
For people that installed the NOKIA "Access Point" app to get their Lumia 920 working on T-Mobile, did it also break your Internet Sharing on the phone? Before installing Access Point, my Internet Sharing feature worked fine but MMS didn't. Now, after installing the Access Point app, MMS works but when trying to enable Internet Sharing the phone pops up a message that says, "Add Internet sharing? Your current data plan doesn't include Internet sharing. Do you want to open an app from your mobile operator to add it? Internet sharing uses you cellular data and may incur additional charges." I know for sure that my T-Mobile account has Internet sharing and it works fine when I put the SIM card into other phones, including the same Lumia 920 without the Access Point app installed. Anyone else seen the same thing?

Hey Yogi76,

Did you ever get a resolution to your problem? I am having the same issue with mms as well. I want to try and install these apps but not at the cost of losing my Internet sharing.

dalisaa

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that is exactly what happens.
I did a factory reset to get rid of the access point apps and it worked in restoring internet sharing and as expected broke MMS. I wouldn't recommend resetting your 920 because it almost gets into a brick state. It took a couple of hours of messing with the phone to get it to actually boot up again. Just google "bricked nokia lumia 920" and you can see all of the problems people have restoring it.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
From my understadind t mobile new 4g will run the 1900 spectrum, is this correct? Because if so than our att branded lumia will work just fine correct? Im really excited about the new t mobile plan and it will come out way cheaper than att.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes that is correct as long as you're in a refarmed area. Otherwise it's 2G for you. Also the neat thing about being able to have the AWS band for LTE is you get to use HSPA+ as your fallback, so it's almost like you're still running the same speed. Also don't forget you'll need to get it unlocked.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank that awesome, I almost dont feel like waiting the remaining months to get the unlock codes released from att. I almost want to trade my 920 for a 900 so I can save some money on t mobile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte