New Lumia 920 hard cases review

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So I bought these hard cases from this HK website few weeks back iPhone 5 Cases | iPhone 5 Screen Protectors l The new iPad Cases | Samsung Galaxy 3 Cases | iPad 2 Cases | Google Nexus 7 Screen Protectors - DX-BOX.COM
They promise 7-15 shipping interval, but because of Christmas delay, I didn't get the case until today (around 3.5 weeks)
This review will be partially for DX-BOX too, I guess, if some of you are still wondering where to get cheap and nice cases for Lumia
In general I think their selection of cases is fantastic, see for yourself: Lumia 920 - Nokia Accessories
And their customer service is beyond great, there is almost always a live-chat personnel to answer your questions, track your orders, etc. (English is not their first language, but he's very clear with things and honest). And if he's offline you can leave a message too and they will answer in 24 hrs max. You can even ask them to find cases that you want but not in their catalogue yet, I did that yesterday and now it's on their website.

SO I received my cases today, BUT out of the 4 cases they sent me, 2 of them weren't the ones I ordered! -_-. That worried me a little, but I talked to him right away and he apologized many times and said will send replacement cases ASAP. Also I get to keep the cases that were mis-sent. So technically it was a buy 4 get 2 free deal......? Oh and not to mention literally everything is with free-shipping as well.
I purchased all hard-cases this time around, I like the sleek look of them, even though gel-cases might be better for protection.

Here comes the pics! I apologize in advance for some poor-quality images, I took these in 2 minutes...

First case Imak Shine Ice Cream Simple Flexible Skin For Nokia Lumia 920 Case

This is a glossy-finish cyan case, I like this one a lot, and it's hard to see but there's even some tiny glitters on the paint (may not be overly manly)
Installation is clean and smooth, put one side in first then the other side slide on very easily. And it doesn't damage the phone, unless you are really rude about it... (I put these cases on and off couple of times already, not a single scratch)
IMG_5323.jpgIMG_5324.jpgIMG_5325.jpgIMG_5328.jpgIMG_5329.jpg

This one below is one of those that I didn't order.. I did order a glossy white from ROCK but it came with the Nillkin anti-slip series instead, not too shabby either, though this case is a little more bulky than others. Feels nice in the hands and good for people that want a little grip for their L920

IMG_5330.JPGIMG_5331.jpgIMG_5332.jpgIMG_5333.JPG

Another one that I didn't order.. is the iMak hard matte case, the colour in the picture is not very accurate, this case has a bit of green tint, so it's not just cyan. Again the case is great and installation is very easy, very sleek case.

IMG_5334.jpgIMG_5335.jpg

And then last but not least, I think this may be my personal favourite at the moment. Imak Hard Cowboy Shell Faceplate Skin For Nokia Lumia 920 Case
It's a grey iMak Matte hard case, I like the unique texture these case have, and it looks very classy and gives my L920 the grey colour it wanted (xD)
This is also easy to install and barely add any bulk to the phone.

IMG_5336.JPGIMG_5337.jpgIMG_5338.jpgIMG_5340.jpg

So that's it for now, but I might come back to add more when I receive my replacement cases, or if I get more..! Oh and I almost forget... all these cases come with free screen protector and some with cleaning cloths as well, so if you want to try those on you certainly could! (I'm personally a naked-GG2 supporter)

Last edited:

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Review of new L920 hard cases received from Dx-box.com :)

Does it offer any screen protection or does the screen curve out past the edges?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Does it offer any screen protection or does the screen curve out past the edges?
The case goes a bit further than the screen, but the screen is still quite exposed because of how the it's designed, if you're looking for screen protection with these cases it's probably not what you're looking for.
Basic protection is fine but these cases are more for the look I think. I got hard cases so I can give my black L920 some different looks now and then.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Also as one would expect, all these cases work with the wireless chargers. Buttons and ports are easily accessible as well

mr2009

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
using nillkin matte snap on case as well... looks and feel great but on thing that bugs me is that the cut hole for the side button not really prefect.... make it annoying when taking picture using the shutter button as the button is touching the case... imak hard cowboy sheeldoesnt look to have this problem.... gonna try to order one now...
IMG_20130112_213711.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss