Lumia 920 Philippine release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It's already January (the market release month of Lumia 920 for the Philippines). I went to a Nokia store in Makati and though the presumed release for the L920/820 is January 13, they still have no idea of the exact market release date. Anyone of you went to other Nokia stores? Are there already live Lumia 920/820 test devices?

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's already January (the market release month of Lumia 920 for the Philippines). I went to a Nokia store in Makati and though the presumed release for the L920/820 is January 13, they still have no idea of the exact market release date. Anyone of you went to other Nokia stores? Are there already live Lumia 920/820 test devices?

No signs of Lumia WP8 in a mall of Asia and Robinson's mall, Metro Manila (a last visit was today - I am here for my christmas holiday until the end of this week) ...

ImmortalStrong

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

It's annoying!!! Still no signs. You sure it's really Jan 13?

ImmortalStrong

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just read that over a local blog. Said he asked it from a Nokia store in SM North Edsa. I'll check back the Glorietta Nokia Store later and look if there's good news (hopefully!).

Yeah. I'll check in SM Megamall as well. I only saw the white Lumia 920 demo from Silicon Valley(Win 8 showcasing). No Lumia 920 last time I checked from Nokia store on the 2nd week of December.

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
asked sm manila branch earlier. No sign of a live unit neither a dummy. They dont have any idea too when exactly but they were pretty sure that it would be this month with smirk on their face

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I'll check in SM Megamall as well. I only saw the white Lumia 920 demo from Silicon Valley(Win 8 showcasing). No Lumia 920 last time I checked from Nokia store on the 2nd week of December.
asked sm manila branch earlier. No sign of a live unit neither a dummy. They dont have any idea too when exactly but they were pretty sure that it would be this month with smirk on their face

It better be this month! It's a different story with Nokia Glorietta by the way. They said the L920 and L820 will come in... prepare to be disappointed... Q1 2013. (which means it could take all the way up to March!)

I'm really starting to wonder why Nokia's taking this long to deliver us these devices. The grey market is not an option for me (because of the warranty, of course)

But I have a strong feeling that it'll be this month. :)) it's probably better to ask a Nokia PH representative online. I'll try doing that and I'll tell you what happens hehe.

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, a bad news has come
" Sales of the sought-after Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 in the Philippines are now expected to commence a little later than we had hoped. Our teams are currently working hard to ensure sufficient supply of both phones for a launch in the latter part of Q1 2013."

hethler

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Per earlier tweet of @NokiaPilipinas they revealed for a January 13th release date. Apparently, it's a type and they meant January 2013.

ianwasheretoo

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Yup. FEB - MARCH pa. It's very disappointing.

The late arrival and low stock is caused by their stupid strategy to raise demand by lowering their supply.

I'm so disappointed... it's too long. LET'S JUST GET IPHONES :(

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
They should have made their marketing more aggressive then release the phone early specially during the Christmas season where everyone's still in spending mode

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
would anyone from you consider buying from the Grey Market? I can't really wait for February and I'm thinking of buying from those underground markets. Kimstore sells them for 29k with 3 days return and 1 year service warranty. I can consider HTC 8x too but I think its too shabby and lacking some awesome features.

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup. FEB - MARCH pa. It's very disappointing.

The late arrival and low stock is caused by their stupid strategy to raise demand by lowering their supply.

I'm so disappointed... it's too long. LET'S JUST GET IPHONES :(

I don't think they'd be lowering their supplies, it'll hurt them if they did that. They might have not REALLY expected the higher demand for this phone because they might have expected the type of demand the past Lumia 900 has seen.

It might be disheartening (because of all their excuses! Couldn't they just be honest that it'll come by a specific date?!)
But really... I'd rather wait for this Lumia than buy an overrated phone. An officemate has an iPhone 5 and all I can say after using it was.... mehhh....

There's the HTC 8X readily available if you really can't wait for this WP8 device. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
would anyone from you consider buying from the Grey Market? I can't really wait for February and I'm thinking of buying from those underground markets. Kimstore sells them for 29k with 3 days return and 1 year service warranty. I can consider HTC 8x too but I think its too shabby and lacking some awesome features.

Lol IT IS shabby for its price point! I know a friend that has bought an 8X instead of a Lumia 920 and he regretted it because the color on the back of the phone fades, thus revealing a black surface underneath.
I've asked Kimstore but they only have white, I really don't like white because it'll just make my phone look like the S3 or iPhone. They might have the COOL GREY COLOR though, but I've already set my mind on the yellow one :D
I really wouldn't count on the 3days return and service warranty of Kimstore. From what I read from blogs, though they have the reputation of being an excellent (and trustworthy) online gadgets store, they have bad service when it comes to repair. As much as I'm tempted to nag Kimstore to bring in a yellow one, I'd rather wait for an official PH release that I can bring to any Nokia Care center anytime.

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Per earlier tweet of @NokiaPilipinas they revealed for a January 13th release date. Apparently, it's a type and they meant January 2013.

I really just hope that they'll actually deliver this JANUARY release though, even last week of January is good for me as long as it is still January hahaha. It could get disappointing if they'll just keep you holding on (paasa ba, badtrip) , Nokia PH might lose some buyers if they keep on doing that.

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
OKAY GUYS it is confirmed that this is available in VillMan in MOA. Though this still falls in the grey market because it isn't officially released. But what the heck, the moment I see a yellow 920 there I'm buying it at once. I'm really getting impatient now that even the not-that-attractive white one is already looking good to me O_O.

Villman's much cheaper than Kimstore btw. 27K vs Kim's 29K. Plus I think VillMan's much better because they have a physical store you can go to anytime if ever you got a defective unit.

ianwasheretoo

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Haha. Yeah... suddenly the white color is appealing.

But i don't like greymarket phones because of their warranty... i want it to be fixed in an official nokia care center :(

CYAN IS MY COLOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)