Something Odd after My 2nd lock up. Problem with BBC or Weave?

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So, I had my second lockup on my 920. The first time was clearly a Bluetooth issue. But this time was a bit different. I left my phone downstairs on new years eve and didn't put it on the charger like I normally do. When I went to check my phone the next day it was dead. At first I thought it was not charged. So I set it on my charger. 3 hours later, it still would not come back up. So I plugged it in to a charger. And hour later it wouldn't come back. So I did a reset on it, and voil? it came back to life fully charged. However when I checked my start screen, two of my aps were not there. BBC and Weave aps were missing. I had to re-pin them. So I'm wondering if one of those aps caused the problem

C s G

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have an ongoing support issue with Nokia Resolutions, and this was part of my e-mail to them on Christmas day:

Many people have complained about a reboot problem, but I've only experienced it once shortly after the Portico update. However, just an hour ago, I could not turn on my phone (last used an hour before that). I thought maybe I drained the battery, so I plugged it in and waited. Unfortunately I got no response, so I tried the 2-button reset.

After the phone turn on, I noticed my Weave and BBC live tiles disappeared (and those are my only live tiles). Not only that, but it appears I have lost part of the Portico update. I am now having Update 8.0.10211.204 (KB 2788412) available. I checked a bit, and see that I still have the keep WiFi on option, but lost the text replies to incoming calls feature BUT still having the settings available under Settings > Applications > Phone.

Up till now, I am still facing a lot of the phone-shutting-off-need-reset problem. At least once a day. But the tiles no longer disappear.

Btw, disregard my comment regarding text-reply not working. I wasn't aware that it only works for numbers in your People hub.

Last edited:

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to bring up my phone again last night to put on the charge pad. And again it locked up. This time I didn't lose any tiles on my start screen.

astroboy100

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Happens to me too....is it a charging-related issue? Kind of annoying since I use it as my second wake-up alarm in the mornings and now I can't rely on it.

C s G

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
So far for me it has never occurred while I am using the phone, but has occurred both while charging and while not.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What is interesting about this is I brought my phone up last night and put it on the charge plate and it didn't lock up on me.

I don't understand why leaving it on the charge plate would affect it. I'm going to try an experiment today and leave it off the charge plate all day to see what happens.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure everything was closed last night to. I didn't use my phone much yesterday. I'll try leaving some ApS running today during my test.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I left it off the charger all day and night and didn't have a lock up. I don't see any common thread on this problem. The good news is I my battery life is awesome. Still got 60% with normal use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12