Lumia 820 SD card & other questionss.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
-can i manage the files & folder in the sd card via pc?
-can i install apps/games to the sd car?
-can i open file manager in lumia 820(for sd card storage)?
-how much memory left in the lumia 820 one the first startup without sd card?
-can i install apps that come from nokia to the sd card?
-if not much memory left in built-in memory, will the performance decrease?
-what is the best performance sd card class for lumia 820? i heard that some high class is lag/slower that lower class.

Butan

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
1. Yes
2. Not yet
3. No filemanager but you can view the storage
4.I think 6GB
5. No
6.I dont think so, the performence comes from your 1GB RAM and 1.2 Dual-Core Snapdragon
7. I use high class I think 50mb/s cinemagraph saving is slow

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I will start off, by saying that I have an 820 and I have had a lot of problems with downloading music to my 32gb Class 10 scandisk card. I can so some things, but it locks up and does not let me put all my songs on the card. This seems to be a known problem if you go to the Nokia site. Some people don't have any problem and some people have problems.

Yes it will show up on Windows Explorer

No, only Music and Videos

Not sure.

Not sure

No

Not sure

-what is the best performance sd card class for lumia 820? i heard that some high class is lag/slower that lower class.
From the things I have read, it looks like Class 4 is the best.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
nope, only up to 32.
I have a class 10 64GB card, and it doesn't lag EXCEPT when I want to shuffle all music (8000 songs), it becomes unusable for half a minute then. I doubt this is due to the card, others with a 920 and many songs have reported the same. Saving photos and viewing them is as fast as with internal storage.

ptrkhh

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes
Nope, but I think the 8GB is enough for your apps/games (assuming all media stored on the SD)
No. No File Manager
5 GB if you don't sign in with your Microsoft account
Nope, just like question number two
No, not at all, confirmed with my 820 which has 5MB free space
Of course no, lower class will never beat higher class. But, usually people use lower capacity with lower class, and higher capacity with higher class, thus what makes it slow is the higher capacity.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes
Nope, but I think the 8GB is enough for your apps/games (assuming all media stored on the SD)
No. No File Manager
5 GB if you don't sign in with your Microsoft account
Nope, just like question number two
No, not at all, confirmed with my 820 which has 5MB free space
Of course no, lower class will never beat higher class. But, usually people use lower capacity with lower class, and higher capacity with higher class, thus what makes it slow is the higher capacity.

so if i want to buy 64gb sd card, which class is most suitable?

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
thanks for your video, despite recording video with sd card, any other task will lag the phone?
taking pictures.
Some users are also reporting that when shuffling music in the music player, they experience a 3-4s lag before the music starts playing.
I'm not really a fan of photo taking, the lag just annoys me when I do. Other than that, doesn't really bother me.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
taking pictures.
Some users are also reporting that when shuffling music in the music player, they experience a 3-4s lag before the music starts playing.

I'm not really a fan of photo taking, the lag just annoys me when I do. Other than that, doesn't really bother me.

the app/game that 920 plays, 820 also can play?

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
In regards to using windows explorer to add / remove data my 820 doesn't play nice, I can edit data on the phone memory but constantly yet an error that the device has been disconnected. When this happens i can no longer sync data using the desktop sync app and need to perform a hard reset. I tried two sd cards (cheap generic one and a sandisk), same error (tho the cheap one wouldn't work at all). Im running Windows 8.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
In regards to using windows explorer to add / remove data my 820 doesn't play nice, I can edit data on the phone memory but constantly yet an error that the device has been disconnected. When this happens i can no longer sync data using the desktop sync app and need to perform a hard reset. I tried two sd cards (cheap generic one and a sandisk), same error (tho the cheap one wouldn't work at all). Im running Windows 8.

is it problem from your usb cable?

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
the app/game that 920 plays, 820 also can play?

Yeah, absolutely. They both run WP8, and the use the same processor, Snapdragon S4. So no fear of being limited by not enough ram/speed or whatever you call that :)

Edit: do note though, games can only be installed on the phone, so if you're a heavy gamer, the 8GB internal memory may not be enough for you. 2GB to OS, 3 to 'Others' (app data, caches and etc), you're essentially left with 3GB. Do take note if you're a heavy gamer.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, absolutely. They both run WP8, and the use the same processor, Snapdragon S4. So no fear of being limited by not enough ram/speed or whatever you call that :)

Edit: do note though, games can only be installed on the phone, so if you're a heavy gamer, the 8GB internal memory may not be enough for you. 2GB to OS, 3 to 'Others' (app data, caches and etc), you're essentially left with 3GB. Do take note if you're a heavy gamer.

what?! wow thats bad :/ im not a 'heavy gamer' but cant install app/games to the sd card is a big down side....
i thought some app/game will have screen resolution requirement? since 820's screen resolution is so low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)