Not receiving text messages

gdsaar

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I recently purchased a Verizon HTC 8X. While I enjoy the phone overall and am still constantly learning how to adapt to this ecosystem after coming from Android, one of the most frustrating experiences for me has definitely been my messages. Aside from the app combining my FB and SMS messages, it seems that receiving messages is almost unpredictable. The day I activated my phone I was able to verify there were a handful of SMS texts I did not receive; going through the forums I learned the problem might have been because I didn't restart my phone after activating for the first time. I was able to receive texts after restarting but my phone never delivered all the old texts that were sent to me. Now a few days later I'm having the same problem again! I was thinking it might be due to the fact that I set my "status" in the Messages app to offline -- can anyone confirm that being offline means I don't get SMS messages? I went back online but I have yet again missed some text messages. It is frustrating that my phone cannot get basic functions right.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I always leave my status set to online now after dealing with text issues from my 822 to my now 8x. I also have made sure the sim was seated it there tightly and clean. After that I have yet to have an issue on my Verizon 8X

gdsaar

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It's a shame that we must have workarounds for functionality that should work out of the box. I've looked through the Help/Tips in the included WP8 app and I haven't so far found anything yet on this issue. I also restored my phone from a backup and I still never received the texts I've been missing

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Key question to the original poster- did you port your number to Verizon?

I ported my number from AT&T to Verizon and could not get any text messages from AT&T customers, only from those with Verizon. After repeated calls the cause was finally determined- an incomplete port. My number was at Verizon and anyone calling me would get me on the HTC 8x on Verizon and I could call out on it- it fully worked. However, AT&T's system somehow never registered that the port was complete. Therefore, when an AT&T customer would text me AT&T's system would send the text to my number which it still showed as active on its system- therefore, I would never get them at Verizon. It took the porting department at AT&T to realize there was a problem and to fix it.

gdsaar

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
To answer the question posed as critical, I did not port; I have been with Verizon for several years now. I had almost forgotten that I didn't receive some of my old messages when I first posted this. I've followed the recommendation above me and since turned off my International Assist but I don't think anything has changed...at this point I'm not sure if I particularly mind for those few messages, either. Messaging seems to be alright now. But I guess I won't ever know for sure if there are a few that I'm still not getting

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
make sure that you do not have your Microsoft account linked to your Skype account. I know that there is an option to merge your MS account with your skype account on the PC version of Skype. I did this a few days ago, then noticed my texts were buggy and my accounts were stuck syncing. after un-merging my skype and MS accounts via the computer, all problems were fixed. I had uninstalled skype on my WP as well.

I did some research and I think the problem is rooted from a syncing problem with your microsoft account. the above solution should fix it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99