Xbox music playlists

markpbennett

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

So....i've ditched Spotify in light of the absence of a win8 mobile app and im trying Xbox music pass out.

I have windows 7 on my desktop...with no intent to upgrade anytime soon.

As you cant make playlists on the fly in xbox music.....does anyone know how to make playlists in Zune and import them onto the 920?

The bits i've read seem to imply i can't......this can't be right??!!! What am i missing? ..apart from my iphone at this point:)

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

So....i've ditched Spotify in light of the absence of a win8 mobile app and im trying Xbox music pass out.

I have windows 7 on my desktop...with no intent to upgrade anytime soon.

As you cant make playlists on the fly in xbox music.....does anyone know how to make playlists in Zune and import them onto the 920?

The bits i've read seem to imply i can't......this can't be right??!!! What am i missing? ..apart from my iphone at this point:)
Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer playlist from Zune to Windows Phone 8 handsets because the two are completely incompatible. Out of curiosity why don't you want to upgrade to Windows 8?

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can make playlists in Zune and transfer them, you have to use the Windows Phone desktop application. It should scan your music folder and find all of the playlists, then just check which ones you want to sync and click sync. Not as elegant as drag and drop in Zune but it works.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

markpbennett

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
not sure i see much point upgrading. Not sure i'd really use metro on my desktop machine...and i heard they've removed the option to boot straight into the desktop..bypassing metro? Probably a bit pedantic...as i know its only a mouse click to go through to the desktop.

I guess my point is why pay the money...to have to click through to my desktop(additional step) and have some of my programs hit compatibility issues? doesn't seem much of a draw for me at the moment.

...saying that, i probably will in the future:)

markpbennett

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
You can make playlists in Zune and transfer them, you have to use the Windows Phone desktop application. It should scan your music folder and find all of the playlists, then just check which ones you want to sync and click sync. Not as elegant as drag and drop in Zune but it works.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

In the phone transfer app...i deselect "itunes" and select "windows libraries" but my test zune playlist doesnt show up in the list. I know that the playlists are held in the same general music folder as my itunes library?! any ideas?

markpbennett

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
ive managed to create a playlist on the fly. Adding selected songs to "add to now playing".....then go into song currently playing and select "add to playlist". It creates a playlist with all songs. unfortunatly it adds all the songs from the album the currently playing song is from too?!!! messy.

steverogalinski

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
In Windows Phone desktop application, where are all of my playlists coming from? There are a lot of lists in addition to those on Zune.
And I am so fed up with Microsoft since Windows 8, I really am starting to regret my decision to go "All Microsoft." Google, Apple, I think I'm coming back your way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion