Bricked Nokia Lumia 920

chengsoot

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I get my phone just for 2 day and don't know why my phone keep become "Brick".
I know how to "Revive" my phone when it become "Brick" but one thing that i want to know is why my phone will become "Brick"??
Have someone else also have this kind of problem?

Hope this thread will also help to answer those who have this kind of problem :sweaty:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
There seem to be numerous reasons that is causing this issue. Apps that were originally coded for WP7.x are known to make the 920 unstable. Also, wireless charging is also another cause of the phone freezing. My 920 will freeze up if I attempt to charge it with the wireless charging plate so I don't bother using it anymore.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I get my phone just for 2 day and don't know why my phone keep become "Brick".
I know how to "Revive" my phone when it become "Brick" but one thing that i want to know is why my phone will become "Brick"??
Have someone else also have this kind of problem?

Hope this thread will also help to answer those who have this kind of problem :sweaty:

I would like more information about your issue. When you say your phone is becoming "Brick" what do you me. Is it turning off or restarting? What are you doing when this happens?

There seem to be numerous reasons that is causing this issue. Apps that were originally coded for WP7.x are known to make the 920 unstable. Also, wireless charging is also another cause of the phone freezing. My 920 will freeze up if I attempt to charge it with the wireless charging plate so I don't bother using it anymore.

It sounds to me like you need to get your device replaced brow. I have never had any of the issues you are talking about here. If you cant use the wireless charger that's a sure sigh its time for a replacement. Also I have a bunch of WP7 apps installed on my device with zero issues.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
@Dave Blake - Thanks for the input but I'm on my second 920 because the first on died. It was also very unstable and would freeze on a regular basis. My replacement has been very stable and has only locked up when using the wireless charging plate.

@Alex Rodriguez Jr. - I do have a couple of battery status apps installed (Battery level for WP8 and Battery sense) so I'll try removing them and see if the phone survives after a wireless charge. Thanks.

chengsoot

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about I didn't tell about my problem clearly.
"Brick" that mean the phone is shut down abnormally and can't open it normally, must use soft reset button ( Hold volume down button and Power button together for 10 second ).
But I think is my SIM Card problem because when I take out my SIM Card the phone won't become "Brick" again. So that I have changed my SIM Card, unfortunetely the phone still have this kind of problem but the times of the phone become "Brick" have reduce become once times per day.( Before chaged the SIM Card, my phone become "Brick" 4 times in 3hours :eck: )
So I'm so weird my phone is what happend :unhappy:

Shoulders

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Guys, just replied to a similar thread. I had the same issue and it got worse when I updated skype to the latest version.

I've now uninstalled Skype, and not had it freeze (brick) on me for a week. Not saying this is your issue, but it certainly made mine more stable, and no freezes since (fingers crossed for the future)

chengsoot

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
So that's mean is the Skype apps problem?
Why Skype will cause my phone become "Bricked"?
And I thought that was the phone SIM Card Case error?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss