Cracked screen

Rammdog

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey, this may be a little random but does anyone know of a place or website to get my HTC 8X LCD screen replaced? I ironically just took my insurance off of my plan...Cuz I said it was a WASTE of money...holy Karma Batman....but really, can someone send some ideas please....Thanks in advance....

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you let them know it was broken ? I would call them up and say you changed your mind that you want the insurance again, wait a few days and do a claim. You did pay for it already, might as well use it...

I always have insurance on my phone, all it takes is for it to break once and your out $500-700 for a phone...it's worth every time..

Rammdog

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ya, already screwed the pooch on that one...i have an upgrade due in a little over a month that my wife will let me have...they originally said I could move it up, but when they tried to process the request it prevented it from going thru do to the phone being "too new"?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd say call again, see if they will put it back on, Make some sob story or something. Who are you with ? I know with Verizon, it is tied to the number, not the hardware (according to a few reps I talked to), so if they can slap it back on if they really want to. According to the phone companies, they just make the cash off it, so they want people to do it...

As for fixing it, Not sure of any company, but, I do know if you want to try it yourself, dont just try to replace one, replace the combo (Digitzer and LCD) as the LCD WILL Break when you try to get them apart. I looked it up, it's not a quick or eazy process(you have to pull the entire phone apart to get to the screen, lots of small parts) so expect to spend $350+ on getting it fixed. I know just the LCD alone is like $250ish.

Your best bet.... If your going to spend $300+, just take your phone put it up on ebay, you'll get around $160-225 for it(broken like that) then watch ebay take your $300+ your winning amount, and buy a new phone, You can get a nice new or lightly used one for about $300-500. With some time and shopping, you can get around the lower price.

Just live with it or sell it off...I might even be interested if your trying to get RID of it...

smartphoneguru

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC Windows 8X Cracked screen replacement cost $50

Hi there,

I'm not sure where you got your information, but $250 for the Windows 8X screen is outrageous! To replace the screen only (meaning the phone is still functioning perfectly) runs about $50 here in Arizona. It does look a little difficult to replace it yourself at home, but then again, who is going to be more careful with your phone than yourself?

Anyway, just letting you know if your phone is fully functional, replacing the cracked screen on a HTC Windows 8X should cost about $50.

:kiss: :winktongue: :excited:

Have a great day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro