anyone find a good case for your samsung ativ s?

flower_petals

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
i have a skin that i like but was looking for something like the cover-case they have for the samsung s3 - will it fit? i don't know if the sizes are the same for the phone even though they look basically the same - thanks

redoxy

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I have personally tried it and it does not fit.
Like the other poster said the S3 is more rounded and also the ATIV S is slight longer than the S3.
I know here in Canada the carriers have a gel case for it. I haven't seen one in store but they are available online for purchase

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
that is an annoying thing, i want/need a car holder ( device specific, none of this springy grip rubbish ) i cant understand why samsung make every device slightly fatter,thinner, wider, narrower, taller,shorter etc. why they didn't take an S3 shell and stick windows guts in it i don't know?? we'd have all the cases and holders we ever need. i'm sure you don't need 20+ devices that look almost the same but aren't really. i'm sure the holders will come, just another wait. IF i can get the functionallity i need on android i will be swapping phones to an S4 when it's out, or maybe the S3 mini. all depends on the options in quick office pro??

VelJharig

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I've found two decent cases for it. The first is a generic smartphone holster-style leather case with rotatable clip available at The Source in Canada. Don't know how better to describe it, as it is a generic slim holster case with elastic sides and microfiber lining. It's the only holster case I've found that fits the phone snugly with a thin profile (for a holster case).

The second case I found was a slip case from iGadgitz for pockets/inside the coat. That one is my daily carry case, and can be found here (free shipping from the UK to Atlantic Canada):

iGadgitz Black Leather Pouch Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 III i9300 Android Smartphone Mobile Phone | Leather Cases | igadgitz.com | Buy Online Now!

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've found two decent cases for it. The first is a generic smartphone holster-style leather case with rotatable clip available at The Source in Canada. Don't know how better to describe it, as it is a generic slim holster case with elastic sides and microfiber lining. It's the only holster case I've found that fits the phone snugly with a thin profile (for a holster case).

The second case I found was a slip case from iGadgitz for pockets/inside the coat. That one is my daily carry case, and can be found here (free shipping from the UK to Atlantic Canada):

iGadgitz Black Leather Pouch Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 III i9300 Android Smartphone Mobile Phone | Leather Cases | igadgitz.com | Buy Online Now!

Yeah, and when someone calls me by the time I take the phone out of my pocket and out of that pouch/case I missed the call

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
when i say i want a car holder, i mean a brodit active car holder. i have had them for many of my phones and i'll just have to wait i guess.

flower_petals

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Cordanim

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm holding out for an OtterBox myself 😊

I tried the "gel" one at a Rogers store last night but didn't feel it was worth the money.

Mike Peckitt

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I got the S Line Wave Gel Case Cover For Samsung I8750 Ativ S (being sold at the London Magic Store) here in Ottawa, Canada for $20. I guess you can say I got skinned - the same case at the London Magic Store is ?2.90 ($4.58 CDN). - With a Screen protector!!

Last edited:

Cordanim

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Well I got a response from OtterBox...I asked their support if and when we'd see one of their cases for the ATIV S, and they said there are currently no plans to create one :(

I was disappointed in that...guess they don't see it as a potential big seller :(

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I like the official folio flip cover for galaxy s3. It consists of a replacement back cover with the front flip cover attached. This is great as no extra bulk added to phone. I will see of I can mod the removable back cover of the Ativ s and see if I can attach a cover to that. Will update you guys.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've looked at Otterbox, Speck and Casemate and none of them have anything yet for this phone. I settled for the generic "s-wave" skin for now, but offers no real protection. As soon as a decent case is available, I'll snap it up.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)