Unusual storage space usage in Lumia 920

Lumia920User

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was doing some music transfer and suddenly checked the my memory status and I saw that I have used 10 GB till now.But the strange part is that "Other" portion has taken the most space which is 5GB+.I understand that I have downloaded some offline Map and that have taken close to 2.5 GB.In that case there is still a 3 GB other portion excluding the system files.

I think it is very strange to mobile to have 3 GB temporary file in only 1.5 month of usage.So I checked whether the other size increases or not.And I was right it keeps increasing.

Now my fear is if it keeps increasing in this rate pretty soon it will eat up all the space and we will have no way to know what kind of files are these and how to delete it.

Is it happening to anyone or me?

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I just checked mine. under Others I see 3,48 GB. i got no clue where 3,48GB ( which is huge) come from in the first place. hmm...You make me thinking dude..

As a sidenote, I have photos and videos that i take with my phone set to be uploaded on Skydrive automatically. And once in a while I delete them off the phone and access them on skydrive anytime I want.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
There is several other threads discussing this. It's basically used for application cache and additional storage for the apps. As of right now there is no real way to clear although removing apps, browsing history etc will lower the number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99