Fix For Lumia 920 Internet Sharing

Varun Saini

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am using Lumia 920 bought from rogers
i got it unlocked and now using it with mobilicity in canada
My internet sharing was working fine when i was using rogers network but with mobilicity it just stopped working and got an error

"Connection not shared
There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular setting and signal, and try again
"

I searched a lot about the fix and finally found a working fix rather than adding spanish keyboard which doesnt work for many of the 920 owners

Its just 3 easy steps to make it work.

First download the application called "Access Point" from the app store .If app store doesn't show the app in search results
you can scan the code below

download.png

Then go to settings > cellular scroll down and click on add internet apn/ edit internet apn
Enter the correct apn setting for your network

then go to setting > access point its at the end in the settings menu
It will show your available network click the right network and activate it

Then you are done

Enjoy The Internet Sharing :wink:

Last edited:

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. However, I'm not sure what my APN settings are...I'm on AT&T here.

Edit: Ok, found the settings here: Internet / WAP / APN / MMS SettingsTheUnlockr

Edit: Still doesn't appear to work at for AT&T.

Not sure if it applies to AT&T, but from what I can tell, if you're using the Access Point method to get the correct network settings for Internet Sharing, you need to DELETE all manual APN settings prior to activating the correct Access Point. Otherwise, it will not work. Also, for some reason after an update or possibly hard reset, you will need to deactivate and re-activate the correct access point.

Unlocked Rogers on Virgin (Bell) network, Internet Sharing/MMS working.

Varun Saini

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it applies to AT&T, but from what I can tell, if you're using the Access Point method to get the correct network settings for Internet Sharing, you need to DELETE all manual APN settings prior to activating the correct Access Point. Otherwise, it will not work. Also, for some reason after an update or possibly hard reset, you will need to deactivate and re-activate the correct access point.

Unlocked Rogers on Virgin (Bell) network, Internet Sharing/MMS working.

I entered all the settings manually and then just activated my operator from access point option and it worked did it on 3 phones it worked for all of them but i am not sure about at&t

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I entered all the settings manually and then just activated my operator from access point option and it worked did it on 3 phones it worked for all of them but i am not sure about at&t

Hmm, that's odd. I had the opposite experience. Access Point + Manual APN = didn't work. Remove manual APN and it works.

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I did this when I got my phone, it worked. But today it doesn't work. I can't uninstall the app either so I think the only way for me to get internet sharing would be to do a factory reset and then re-install this app on my rogers 920.

Varun Saini

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
1) Go to Settings
2) Go to Keyboard
3) + Add Keyboards
4) Select Spanish (Spain)
5) Click on the checkmark icon to install.

Try it may be it works for you to start Internet Sharing

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
1) Go to Settings
2) Go to Keyboard
3) + Add Keyboards
4) Select Spanish (Spain)
5) Click on the checkmark icon to install.

Try it may be it works for you to start Internet Sharing

it works only temporily, and then it stops. I tried this on ATT, either with 5GB plan or 3 GB plan, doesnt matter. the phone is a rogers unlocked L920.

And yes, I registered the IMEI with ATT via their online chat.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
it works only temporily, and then it stops. I tried this on ATT, either with 5GB plan or 3 GB plan, doesnt matter. the phone is a rogers unlocked L920.

And yes, I registered the IMEI with ATT via their online chat.

Does ATT allow Internet Sharing, or rather, are you trying to make it work and PAY for that option? I don't think it can circumvent the carrier if you need to pay for the service.

Internet Sharing works for me (Virgin/Bell, in Canada), but internet sharing is a standard option. Not sure how it works elsewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb