Ringer turned itself off?

IcyLumia

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday afternoon I noticed my ring volume was at 8 but I wasn't hearing my txts come through. I seen the icon in which the ringer had been turned off, but I couldn't figure out why this happened. I turned the ringer back on. Just an odd thing I thought I'd point out and see if anyone else had experienced anything similar.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
my ringer has turned itself off 3 times over the last 1 month leaving only the vibrate function to alert me to calls, etc, i have to go into settings/ringtones and turn it back on again.............any clues anyone?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
There is a shortcut to silence/unsilence the phone that maybe you're hitting sometimes: when you change the volume, in the top right of the screen it says ringer. Press it and it silences.

Perhaps that is getting hit?

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There is a shortcut to silence/unsilence the phone that maybe you're hitting sometimes: when you change the volume, in the top right of the screen it says ringer. Press it and it silences.

Nice one realwarder, you are 100% correct............i'd never have worked that one out!!

Feel free to point me in the direction of any other shortcuts that i might be unaware of... (-:

xDRAHx

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

have had the same thing happen to my htc 8x I am aware of the shortcut and dont believe thats what im doing to cause it/ it has happened 3 times or so

Rich Thinker

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had this happen to me MANY times and it is ticking both me and MY WIFE. This is a straight up Nokia 920 bug. I shouldn't have to check to make sure the ringer is ON!!!

Xerxes10

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
One more potential reason is that it seems that the Battery Saver function will automatically turn the ringer off if the charge is too low (several times when I noticed that the ringer had turned itself off I was low on charge). I agree though, very annoying!

caboose8402

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I went into my Battery Saver settings and added Phone and Messaging + Skype to the breakthrough apps to circumvent this problem. Hopefully, that will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss