Still Rebooting...Going to the DNA

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have faced such a difficult decision with my 8x...coming from a 920, i have become spoiled...the camera on my 8x is horrible. Well not horrible but it could be a lot better.

Not to mention that this is the second 8x i've owned in a week's time that is rebooting still...did it twice yesterday.

So today I called VZW and had them do an exchange for my 8x to get a DNA.

I really actually despise Android's operating system BUT i do want to test out the DNA and see if it is HTC's camera that is causing me trouble or is it the software that is causing me trouble.

Personally, I thought about just getting an 822 but after using the 810 originally on tmobile getting the 920 on At&t last month...for me to go back to an 822, i felt like it would be a huge downgrade.

Never used Jellybean Android OS so maybe android has gotten...better?

i am just disappointed simply because I absolutely love this OS & the UI and i remember the lag and lack of support from Android(though it does seem that HTC/Verizon/Microsoft is not supporting this 8x since we've yet to get portico). I got so many people interested in not only the operating system and the phones and a lot of questions and curious looks at my red 8x.

Tomorrow I am going to give the DNA a go camera wise and i swear if it is just the fact HTC's camera's suck I will be sending it right back and I'll just deal with the rebooting.

Is there any suggestions as to what to do to help the rebooting stop, i'd like to know...i literally have no apps on this phone aside from fhotoroom and metrotube and freda+.

I am just so disappointed and annoyed(ever since i left my 920) and tried to make it work with the 8x and I am having a tough time.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't get a Droid DNA. HTC is HTC, they are even worse on Android. The 8x is like by far their best product. But if you insist on going HTC, just wait for the HTC M7 that is going to be announced at the MWC. MWC is February so best to wait until you see the GS4, HTC M7, and the Surface phone.

Normally I never suggest waiting because technology moves fast but MWC is literally just a month away so.......

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I would actually just stick with the 8X and wait for the portico update to arrive. My T-mobile 8X is as stable as can be and it takes pretty good pictures. Battery life is amazing too, it's everything a battery should be.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Going to Android because of trouble with WP is like going to a Kia Rio because your BMW 3-series needs a clutch adjustment.

Something tells me i may be back, unless that 1080P screen just WOWS me....
After all, it's been a little while since i used android so the lack of animations/tiles and the lag of the os should quickly come back and annoy me to the point i'll come back to WP.
I am counting on it actually.

That said i don't have a lot of options....had i had an att i'd have a much bigger choice of android phones to choose from besides the dna(Verizon's android line-up is abysmal...it was either an overhyped GS3 or Gnote or DNA...i don't want motorola and the rest of their offerings are lame/old)

Of course that said if i was on at&t i'd never have used an 8x and been happy with my 920 :p

Phone rebooted on me a few mins ago when i was on the phone on hold....

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Dont know why you are having issues with all your phones, i bought the 810 a month ago and no issues at all...

thatt's the problem...it wasn't till I came to Verizon i had issues.

i owned an 810 and i gave it to my little brother when were going to move to At&t and i got my 920....But we saw att sucked where we moved to so we moved to verizon.

granted, i could've asked him to give it back to me but i am not a bad brother like that and he adores the **** out of that phone lol(He calls it an Xbox phone...says Lumia sounds girly, smh).

It's been about a month since i used it but i didn't have ANY issues out of that except for when i hotswapped the memory card from the lumia 810 to another device and it would mess the date up and all that stuff.

My 810 was awesome...these 2 8x i have owned...smh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you're okay with the size of the DNA, get the Note II and enjoy the stylus

I almost did get a note 2 but samsung's products feel cheap and the only thing worse on android than stock android is touchwiz....besides their radios suck....which is why i'd never get an ATIV s either.

the dna will be here tomorrow, i'll probably do a comparison.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got 3 8x's in my family. Two of them have been absolutely great. Great battery life, great performance, smooth operating.... and 1 of them has had SIM errors, reboots, random shut offs, etc. This has to be a hardware issue. Sent the bad one back and waiting to get a replacement. It's unfortunate that you seem to have gotten a replacement with the same issue. I don't think the reboot issue is the norm but rather the exception.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If the Galaxy S3 looked prettier I would own that instead of this 8X, Android is fine (I hate Samsung's rounded square boring grey design language)

Riddlin123

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Just came over here from Android Galaxy S3 and I had apple before too. I have the 8X no issues at all. I love this phone. I hope more apps continue to come along, but I will not be going back. My phone has never rebooted. Odd you have had two. Maybe its an App you are using?

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Mines starting to crackle on in coming ring. Reboot fixes it, but I am starting to think if I keep seeing this I will be removing another app. I just don't get how one app can screw the phone up, but it seems to be the case here. Last app was a food diary and now I get crackling noises. I thought apps didn't have that kind of level clearance?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12