Just got a Lumia 920

hrrsncrawford

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So I just got a Lumia 920 as a second device (1st: Htc One X) . So far its kind of confusing as far as navigating and multitasking, &etc. I was a true tech savy person when it came to android and I have decided that I will flip back and fourth every now and then from the Lumia to the One X. Is there anything I need to know as far as Windows Phone 8 , Lumia 920 or any kinds of guides to beginners of the OS?? Thanks!

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well the guides that came with the phone should be sufficient, Windows phone is relatively easy to use. If you can use Android you can definitely handle Windows Phone. Multitasking is fairly simple, press and hold the back button and the running apps and I'll be displayed, press the one you want to goto and that's it. All running apps "suspend" when on the background. The phone revolve around the Start Screen, swipe to the right and you have your App list. You can customize your Start Screen by holding down on each tile, then you will have the arrow to make it bigger or smaller or to remove it. To pin apps, swipe to the App list, hold down on the app you want to pin and select "Pin to start".

V J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sideswiping is the main way of navigating inside the Metro UI. Any apps following the Metro design language will also be utilizing side swipes as the main means of navigation. Almost every element of the phone also has additional options hidden under long presses. For example in your People hub you can long press on a contact tile and pin the tile to your start screen, learn from this and you will see that other apps utilize the same hidden functionality (ie some weather apps allow you to pin multiple locations on the start screen by long pressing the location tiles inside the one app).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss