Notification type noise on lock screen

Chris Crawshaw

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
This is driving me crazy because I don't understand why its happening.
Sometimes, when I view the lock screen by pressing the power button (from normal locked state) after a second I get a notification type noise. It sounds like a tuneful tap dripping.
I have no pending notifications like emails or messages.
I haven't been able to track this down to anything in settings or an application (I don't think its the weather app, I'm sure it happened when I had a picture background)
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Cheers

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You aren't the only one. My 920 will do the same thing couple of times a week. Driving me nuts looking for a notification somewhere. I've checked all my apps and haven't turned up anything. Do you have Weave installed? I noticed it starting about the same time I installed.

Chris Crawshaw

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I may have had an idea. I noticed it happens when the phone is on top on the wallet. I'm wonder whether the rfid is trying to talk to the magnetic strip in my creddit cards?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Could be. Now that you mention it. I am close to my BB Gateway when I hear beep. Ill have to pay closer attention to nfc notification next time to see if it is the same. But I have NFC off. Can NFC be turned on if in range of RFID? I don't know much about NFC specs and operation.

Chris Crawshaw

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, for me it is NFC, I have an RFID chip in a couple of credit cards and I can replicate it consistently if I put the card to the back of the phone. I also had tap&send switched on. Turning that off stops the notifications. hope this helps someone from going as mad as I thought I was!

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For me I noticed this too.

But I think it was just a sound being made when the phone unlocks. Try lowering the volume to 0 and see if you still hear it.

Chris Crawshaw

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I've done some testing and its definitely the nfc. Its not just an unlock sounds (thats a single beep for me) because I have press the power button but I'd still get the sounds before I slide up to unlock the keypad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon