05-18-2014 09:54 AM
1,110 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    i bought this phone on 11th this month and since then i have been using the network with wifi/edge. I am not sure, it just happened like anything today... I also doubt there is some network issue as well...BTW which network you are using?
    Airtel, bangalore. I did try calling them a couple of times last week n this week too in an attempt to start 3g for my phone n they said there is some issue with their server n so they are not able to activate 3g now for customers. The 2 could possibly be related .
    01-22-2013 06:30 AM
    Any news on availability of "YELLOW" Lumia 920 in Mumbai ?
    01-22-2013 07:22 AM
    Hi All,

I have been using my lumia 920 on Vodafone Network (INDIA) since i purchased the phone. It was working quite well till today morning and all of a sudden i am not able to see the EDGE symbol. There is no G or E or H (Tried with both 2G & 3G). I called the customer care and they are saying my phone doesnt have any settings. (Its been a week i am using the net). In access point, i could see Vodafone (active) which is not editable nor viewable. I created a new apn named vodafon with apn "www" and saved it (Left all other fields empty) and activated it. Turned off my phone for 5 minutes. No luck.. Have toggled to default settings again. What should i do. I doesnt even know what is the problem. :( My data connection is ON. Is there any other place which i missed out to do the checks.

Thanks in advance..

PS: Do we have an option to turn off the accelerometer? Sometimes, unnecessarily the screen flips :|
    is your Mobile data really not working or its just not showing3G,H,E,G?
    01-22-2013 10:33 AM
    Can you please remove the "Waiting For Admins Approval" restriction for posting on your page please ? Its irritating, if you dont like any post remove it when u see it, but let us post till then please ! ITs a genuine request !
    Done :)
    01-22-2013 11:49 AM
    How to switch from google to hotmail?
    01-22-2013 11:52 AM
    When I receive incoming calls, I hear a weird noise just before the call is connected.
    Has anyone else faced the same?
    01-22-2013 12:31 PM
    When I receive incoming calls, I hear a weird noise just before the call is connected.
    some time i had echo like sounds now i shifted to iPhone 5 hope i will be back soon when MS update there OS
    01-22-2013 12:51 PM
    you mean noise just before ringtone triggered or the actual call getting connection, meaning it was overlapping the ringtone?
    01-22-2013 01:07 PM
    I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 a few hours ago...And I need some help, so help me out please?

1. My wifi connection is that sort of connection where, when you click on the wifi network, you have to wait for the page to load in the web browser and type in the password (something like what they have in airports) , but when I try that with my phone, it gets connected to the network and when I open IE(to type in the password) it says it cannot display the page.

2. I transferred a few music files using bluetooth, but I cannot seem to find them. Where do they get stored?!

Please bear with my noob-ish questions. I am new to this OS. :P
    01-22-2013 02:33 PM
    How to switch from google to hotmail?
    Go to the following forum http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-microsoft-news-discussion/208638-%5Bhow-%5D-switch-completely-gmail-outlook-live-com.html
    Aniruddh Sharma likes this.
    01-22-2013 07:26 PM
    is your Mobile data really not working or its just not showing3G,H,E,G?
    The mobile data was not working. It was a network issue. Came back by 19.00 IST
    When i faced the issue, the symbols were also not coming.
    01-22-2013 10:10 PM
    Airtel, bangalore. I did try calling them a couple of times last week n this week too in an attempt to start 3g for my phone n they said there is some issue with their server n so they are not able to activate 3g now for customers. The 2 could possibly be related .
    My issue got resolved. It was a network issue. (Vodafone)
    01-22-2013 10:11 PM
    Any news on availability of "YELLOW" Lumia 920 in Mumbai ?
    Not sure..But no yellow in bangalore too...:(
    01-22-2013 10:12 PM
    I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 a few hours ago...And I need some help, so help me out please?

1. My wifi connection is that sort of connection where, when you click on the wifi network, you have to wait for the page to load in the web browser and type in the password (something like what they have in airports) , but when I try that with my phone, it gets connected to the network and when I open IE(to type in the password) it says it cannot display the page.

2. I transferred a few music files using bluetooth, but I cannot seem to find them. Where do they get stored?!

Please bear with my noob-ish questions. I am new to this OS. :P
    1.download ucweb browser from the app store and try again

2.it stored under folder called download
    01-22-2013 11:37 PM
    1.download ucweb browser from the app store and try again

2.it stored under folder called download
    Of these doesn't work try and make a note of the link of the page where u enter ur username and password (while u use it on laptop/pc)
    and then try putting the same link on ur phone ..

and on the phone it directly gets into the music+videos app or nokia music
    01-22-2013 11:40 PM
    can i not sign in from facebook using the mobile app of wp8 ? it asks me to register ? :(
    01-22-2013 11:40 PM
    My issue got resolved. It was a network issue. (Vodafone)
    I guess it was something similar for me too. Mine too got solved today morn
    01-23-2013 12:17 AM
    you mean noise just before ringtone triggered or the actual call getting connection, meaning it was overlapping the ringtone?
    I think its the latter.

Anyone know how do we include our friends when we "check-in" on facebook. I can check in myself but unable to tag my friends along with me.
    I do not have any FB app installed and preferably don't want to install one.
    01-23-2013 01:05 AM
    OIS Test :P

P.S i did find many lumia 920 during the event :P
    any one of them here ?
    Sagar Khandelwal likes this.
    01-23-2013 03:21 AM
    OIS Test :P

P.S i did find many lumia 920 during the event :P
    any one of them here ?
    You got a much better spot! - I happened to get a guest list VIP ticket - area sucked - donno what how the money for the VIP tickets are worth that space.
    (the extra "E" in Swedish in your video title is sorta bugging me :P)

Check out my video during the NH7 Weekender:
    Elton Jothi likes this.
    01-23-2013 07:41 AM
    Anyone here found accessories for the 920 (online or offline shops)? The ones on flipkart seem to be "coming soon". I'm looking for a cover (coloured, since mine's black) or a kind of pouch.
    01-23-2013 07:43 AM
    You got a much better spot! - I happened to get a guest list VIP ticket - area sucked - donno what how the money for the VIP tickets are worth that space.
    (the extra "E" in Swedish in your video title is sorta bugging me :P)

Check out my video during the NH7 Weekender:
    lol i was thinking the same, VIP was a total waste
    and thanks for correcting my typo :D
    nice video there
    i was pretty much amazed of the sound quality in l920 when compared to other videos of shm om you tube
    01-23-2013 08:08 AM
    Anyone here found accessories for the 920 (online or offline shops)? The ones on flipkart seem to be "coming soon". I'm looking for a cover (coloured, since mine's black) or a kind of pouch.
    the wireless charger pad is already here. I saw it in Channel 9 (Jayanagar, Bangalore) and they said 3500 rupees for it.
    01-23-2013 09:22 AM
    I guess you are mistaken. I admit that Google used to use Navteq data till 2006/07. But later they moved to Tele atlas. Now they obtain data from multitude of sources mainly from, NOAA, Digital Globe, Terraetrics, and Geoeye. In fact Nokia also obtains some of their data from Digital Globe. But resolution of maps and providing map data is dependent on many other parameters... As a student, I have taken courses in GIS (Geographical information systems) and part of my lab was to study aerial mosaics, satellite imagery and interrelate geographical data.

Here is a link from theverge detailing how Nokia, Apple and Google get their Map data and how they display them....
    Sloppy security? Apple and Nokia conceal fewer sensitive sites than Google Maps | The Verge
    Here is the latest from Terms of Service for Google Maps
    Map Information

Information provided through Google is intended for planning purposes only. You may find that weather, construction projects, traffic conditions or other events may cause road conditions to differ from the map results.

Google Maps relies on widely recognized international standards for naming and mapping conventions. For example, for country and territory naming, we rely primarily on the ISO-3166 standard, which is recognized by the UN Statistics Division.

You may not delete or in any manner alter the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing in map information, including photographic imagery. Geocoding data for map content in Google Maps is provided under license by Navteq North America LLC ("NAVTEQ") and/or Tele Atlas North America, Inc. ("TANA") and/or other third parties, and subject to copyright protection and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to NAVTEQ, TANA and/or such other third parties. The use of this material is subject to the terms of a license agreement. You may be held liable for any unauthorized copying or disclosure of this material, and by using Google Maps you agree to make NAVTEQ and TANA third party beneficiaries of this agreement. Except where you have been specifically licensed to do so by Google, you may not use Google Maps with any products, systems, or applications installed or otherwise connected to or in communication with vehicles, capable of vehicle navigation, positioning, dispatch, real time route guidance, fleet management or similar applications.
    LazySunday likes this.
    01-23-2013 09:47 AM
    Anyone facing problems downloading latest hindi songs?
    I tried 2 songs from ABCD and papa ki maruti, it downloads but do not save in memory, while i downloaded some bit old songs (Shine Ya Light and Shukriya zindagi) and they downloaded successfully. I was downloading over wifi.
    01-23-2013 09:55 AM
1,110 ... 2425262728 ...