Indian 920 corner

vikram0430y

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Hello everyone, i have been a silent spectator on this thread and i am too WP fan.
Now i own Nokia Lumia 920 and its been more than 2 weeks.

First let me tell you, i am from Hyderabad and i use Vodafone network.

Simply, i loved the phone and it is amazing.
1) WP8 Interface its smooth and real smooth.
2) Email Client - i think its the most simple and best Email Client among all smart phones.
3) People Hub - Awesome Integration, loved every bit of it.
4) Speech Recognition Feature - Call Contacts, Open Apps, Take Notes ....superb
5) Nokia Music - Great one, downloading entire albums in minutes.( i agree it depends on the network..but)
6) Battery - i have no issues with Battery...i am getting for full day with minimal usage and 2-3 days without 3G or Wifi on.

I am having fun and enjoying with my Lumia 920. (BTW i bought it for 35500 and white one).

Some Clarifications required:

My Firmware version- 1232.5951.1249.1001 ( is it the latest One in India)

When i Switch On 3g, its wont start immediately sometimes, i have to reselect the 3g option.
and in the icon bar, its showing as H not 3G - Is it the same for all vodafone users in hyd?

I see some heating behing my phne near camera when 3g is on and sometimes while charging...
Do i need to get it checked with Nokia or is it fine and same with every one?

can somebody pls clarify these and let me know.

thanks
Vikram Yedavelli.

vikram0430y

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Hello everyone, i have been a silent spectator on this thread and i am too WP fan.
Now i own Nokia Lumia 920 and its been more than 2 weeks.

First let me tell you, i am from Hyderabad and i use Vodafone network.

Simply, i loved the phone and it is amazing.
1) WP8 Interface its smooth and real smooth.
2) Email Client - i think its the most simple and best Email Client among all smart phones.
3) People Hub - Awesome Integration, loved every bit of it.
4) Speech Recognition Feature - Call Contacts, Open Apps, Take Notes ....superb
5) Nokia Music - Great one, downloading entire albums in minutes.( i agree it depends on the network..but)
6) Battery - i have no issues with Battery...i am getting for full day with minimal usage and 2-3 days without 3G or Wifi on.

I am having fun and enjoying with my Lumia 920. (BTW i bought it for 35500 and white one).

Some Clarifications required:

My Firmware version- 1232.5951.1249.1001 ( is it the latest One in India)

When i Switch On 3g, its wont start immediately sometimes, i have to reselect the 3g option.
and in the icon bar, its showing as H not 3G - Is it the same for all vodafone users in hyd?

I see some heating behing my phne near camera when 3g is on and sometimes while charging...
Do i need to get it checked with Nokia or is it fine and same with every one?

can somebody pls clarify these and let me know.

thanks
Vikram Yedavelli.

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Your firmware is the latest.
Phone does warm up when playing graphic intensive game and I guess when you use 3G. 3G is a battery drain, so no wonder it gets heated up, but nothing to worry there.

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
H stands for HSPA or rather 3.5G according to GSM standards. Its faster and advanced than normal 3G and most of the Indian companies offer HSPA service in big cities.
3G, 3.5G and higher network standards use more amount of battery and if its combined with gaming and heavy app use, phone will get hot (i mean considerably hot) and its absolutely normal. Happens with every other 3G+ smartphone irrespective of OS and hardware vendor.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I cant seem to import my sim contacts, what might be the problem?

The option for import cannot be clucked, whats up wit that?

There might not be the required file which can be imported either on your Mem card or phone memory.
U need to have the CSV(I think) file ...

Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
There might not be the required file which can be imported either on your Mem card or phone memory.
U need to have the CSV(I think) file ...

Thanks, what i did was put the sim in my other mobile and used nokia transfer, worked like a charm!

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
OK, so being the owner of a lumia 920 is cool and all, but how are you guys dealing with the battery drain, thought it was a myth until i brought one

(asking this here because indian 920's are probably from the same production batch)

Can someone assure me this is normal, only two complete recharges done so far.

someone suggested uninstalling skype, my friends would laugh at me if i did that.

not a fan of whatsapp though,

any tips would be great, Thanks!

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
There is no magical fix apparently :p Your battery has to go through a few cycles before it can function to its full capacity. Moreover, always on 3g does use significant amounts of battery... Well, Skype (the latest beta release) doesn't hog battery like whatsapp. Skype notes your log on cloud and activates the program in the background using push notification API. Whereas whatsapp continuously streams audio API to keep the program in background awaiting for any messages...

There can be many reasons for poor battery life and if you look into the forums everyone have their own share of reason for the same. Personally, it lasts about a day for me. I always have bluetooth and 3g turned on... At home and office I'm on wifi. I'm out of wifi for about 4-5 hrs a day when the battery drops at a faster rate. I use Skype all the time and talk for about half an hour a day. I have five mail accounts set to sync every hour... About an hour of talk time everyday...
I used to get 1.5 days on my Nokia C7... Well, I hardly used it on 3g or used it for browsing so much... Trust me browsing on L 920 is so smooth, I just love it.

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
There is no magical fix apparently :p Your battery has to go through a few cycles before it can function to its full capacity. Moreover, always on 3g does use significant amounts of battery... Well, Skype (the latest beta release) doesn't hog battery like whatsapp. Skype notes your log on cloud and activates the program in the background using push notification API. Whereas whatsapp continuously streams audio API to keep the program in background awaiting for any messages...

There can be many reasons for poor battery life and if you look into the forums everyone have their own share of reason for the same. Personally, it lasts about a day for me. I always have bluetooth and 3g turned on... At home and office I'm on wifi. I'm out of wifi for about 4-5 hrs a day when the battery drops at a faster rate. I use Skype all the time and talk for about half an hour a day. I have five mail accounts set to sync every hour... About an hour of talk time everyday...
I used to get 1.5 days on my Nokia C7... Well, I hardly used it on 3g or used it for browsing so much... Trust me browsing on L 920 is so smooth, I just love it.

wow, thats pretty reasonable, hope my battery behave the same as yours,

I Know,

and the screen!!, i just sent a sms to my friends using a an effing pencil tip man!

Thats some 2050 future shieet right there!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
OK, so being the owner of a lumia 920 is cool and all, but how are you guys dealing with the battery drain, thought it was a myth until i brought one

(asking this here because indian 920's are probably from the same production batch)

someone suggested uninstalling skype, my friends would laugh at me if i did that.

Let me guess...u have Skype installed right?

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
All my friends got skype!

Anyways what's H on the status bar?

My free airtel 3G seems to suck as.s, do we have to set anything else, sorry I'm asking too much on this forum, I'm just too excited.!

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Congrats on your new phone! :)

Battery will take a week or 2 to settle down. In the meantime, a couple of points:

1) The current version of Whatsapp runs a background audio agent constantly to keep the connection alive (even when you close the app). It is not needed anymore since Portico solved the wifi always on bug. It's a huge battery drain and one can only hope that it is fixed in the next update. In the meantime, you can use an app such as "Stop The Music!" every time you close Whatsapp or every once in a while at least. It will close the background agent.

2) Go to settings and swipe to the right and go to background tasks. Enable only those apps you feel are necessary.

Cheers and have fun!

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
All my friends got skype!

Anyways what's H on the status bar?

My free airtel 3G seems to suck as.s, do we have to set anything else, sorry I'm asking too much on this forum, I'm just too excited.!

the H stands for HSPA or in simple words it shows type of speed u r getting, HSPA is also called 3.5G. Dont worry, its faster than just 3G!

Airtelinternet is the apn u hv to use ....... And its default. Still, u can try downloading Network Setup app under Nokia apps. It will adjust all things automatically on opening it. Hope it helps.
Case solved...

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
the H stands for HSPA or in simple words it shows type of speed u r getting, HSPA is also called 3.5G. Dont worry, its faster than just 3G!

Airtelinternet is the apn u hv to use ....... And its default. Still, u can try downloading Network Setup app under Nokia apps. It will adjust all things automatically on opening it. Hope it helps.
Case solved...

Case not solved man :(

No network setup app for Indian market,

I went to settings~> access point, AirTel as active, there's no airtelinternet,

Tried manually setting up airtel internet,still horribly slow, and i live in Bangalore for f's sake.

Anyone got anything else ? :(

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Case not solved man :(

No network setup app for Indian market,

I went to settings~> access point, AirTel as active, there's no airtelinternet,

Tried manually setting up airtel internet,still horribly slow, and i live in Bangalore for f's sake.

Anyone got anything else ? :(

Do you have Skype installed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss