Indian 920 corner

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
One week in, this is my experience with the 920.

Amazing night shots, even day shots came out good, dunno whats all the fuss about,

games scenario is pretty good, coming from s40 I can totally manage. I wish there were some running apps like temple run so my friends would just shut up for once.

Quality apps seem to be scarce around the store, but thats just my opinion,

Super sensitive touch is super !

Now only issues i've been facing is the heating up during charging and some random heating during idle.

And the main reason thats completely ruining my Lumia experience is the horrendous battery, I loose 20 % every hour with all major apps uninstalled and battery saver on if I browse some apps, lose 10 % per hour in idle, will wait for one more week before hard resetting it, if the problem still persists then will have it replaced.

Really sucks,to have a defective piece. :|

I just have one word for you. Skype.
Uninstall it and see the difference.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Can any one confirm if Local Scout doesn't work in India?
A friend of mine is planning to buy 8X. But if these(very basic) features don't work, she may change her mind.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

You'll need to change your region from India to US for Local Scout to work.

noopster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
You are not with a defective piece...... All you have to do is Charge your Lumia 920 for 1 whole night, keep it charging full night. (No you dont have to worry about overcharging, the Phone shuts off charging after its up @100%, its a smartphone with Li-ion Battery so no worry there).
Then Completely drain out its battery once....... extensively use it (Play High Res Xbox Games, Stream Videos/Music), Run Apps, etc, Drain out the battery Completely once till your phone gets switched off automatically.
Then Charge your Phone to 100% without any interruption (Interruption means any sort of break time while charging). It will probably take you 3-4 Hours to get it charged to 100%.

I can bet your battery life will increase atleast 40% more than it is now........ I did this & now my Lumia 920's battery is very much better than it was at the time of purchase...
Also it is said that the battery Life of Lumia 920 keeps of getting better everyday, as the battery takes time to suit according to each person's usage.

Do this, wait for 1 more week & then report back....... Also, Close unnecessary Apps which are not in use, Use Bluetooth/NFC (Tap&Send) & WiFi only when necessary. Also KEEP THE BATTERY SAVER "ON" Always !

DON'T USE SKYPE...... thats a major Battery HOG as it is not yet optimized & fully developed for WP8. Also avoid using any facebook app & WhatsApp, they too drain battery as these apps are not yet fully optimized for WP8 usage & I recommend you to use People's Hub, Me Hub or IE 10 to get on with your social networking thing until these apps get updated or Fixed & properly Optimized for WP8..

My Yellow Lumia 920 works for 2 days straight without charge. My usage per day : 1 Hour Music + Video Playback, 1 Hour Calls, 1 Hour Web-Browsing & 30 Minutes Xbox Gaming
This is what an Average person does with his Smartphone.
Try the above method & Report back after a week.

Tried out your method of completely draining out the battery and then charging thru the night. Since morning, I have been switching on my 3G data only when needed. The battery is at 94% since 7 am this morning when I started using the phone. Looks good so far.

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am observing that yellow color usually comes in stock on Flipkart almost every week and goes out of stock within 12-14 hours. Noticed this 3 times in last 25-30 days. I would request to keep close eye on Filpkart, Indiatimes Shoppings and other major online retailers.

It is going to be more difficult in procuring this handset from brick and mortar stores. Here in Pune, all offline stores are quoting waiting period of around 3 months for yellow and after that they are not sure of no. of devices they would get and whether it could fulfill demand or not. Red color is available in some shops though or have waiting time of 7-8 days in shop shops.

Keeping close eye on flipkart and other major online retailers would be a better idea if you want yellow L920 in some days if not immediately.

Aleem Aslam

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help. Got a call from my local dealers just now.. Actually 3 of the shops salesman called me confirming lumia 920 in yellow. The new load just came me in chennai.. Do spread the news if u know anyone in chennai needs the yellow model.

Indira Reddy

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i am from pune too... next month 19h is my bday and i am to purchase one.... i really need your review...after all the initial excitement is down.... do u regret buying it? or hav any botherings abt its usage.... where in pune did u buy? i stay ner to viman nagar... can u give me phone numbers and cost and a true review too...

noopster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought the phone from the Karve Rd (near Kothrud Bust Depot) store. I had called up all the priority dealers. You can get the numbers on the Nokia India website. The phone is awesome and looks hot in RED. The OS does have some learning curve. By the time you learn the nuances of the OS, you fall in love with the simplicity of the UI. So no question of excitement going down. Plus the beautiful screen makes everything look prettier. Some of the apps like - Linkedin, ESPN, Metrotube, etc look way better on WP8 than on Android. Let me know if you have any more questions. Will be glad to help.

Yo_Bala

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Just saw a ad of 920 with srk and fc Barcelona,

I really hope all these expensive marketing pays off, really want the lumias to succeed.

Saw that ad as well, Was SRK using a cyan version or was that a Lumia 900?
And also, where exactly do you find that app..? It's not available in Nokia exclusives..

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
what is "Other" Storage ?
English me.. Please !

There is a "other" storage section in Setting --> Phone storage... forums have reported issues of this folder taking up lots of space with continuous usage of online radio or music apps and uploading pics to sky drive.

So just wanna ask if any 1 of u facing this after your month of usage or so?

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
There is a "other" storage section in Setting --> Phone storage... forums have reported issues of this folder taking up lots of space with continuous usage of online radio or music apps and uploading pics to sky drive.

So just wanna ask if any 1 of u facing this after your month of usage or so?

Well, I guess the "Other" Storage must be the Cookies, Cache, Image files & the Offline Mix Radio Files that are stored in it.. I have 350 Songs Approx + 1.8 GB of Videos + 30 Games Approx + 30-50 Apps Installed. This total makes up as shown below for me....... Post your, I want to see what problem does Other Storage have... Here is mine :

2w53xhz.png

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i havent yet bought it... Going to buy it on 1st March (waiting for salary :p )
So just wanted to clarify this issue with other users if they r facing it or not...

coz pp r reporting to have around 5Gb of other storage which they cant even delete or access..

Thnx for your screenshot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077