05-18-2014 09:54 AM
1,110 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    Guys i wanted to buy a lumia 920 since its launch and never really considered any other device as i was in crazy love. I purchased one recently from Flipkart.com and really disappointed in the device. Battery backup as mentioned all over is crap. Phone gets heated up crazy. i have to charge it 3-4 times a day. Sorry but store is useless. I want to exchange this for a S4 but flipkart wont allow exchanges, just replacement. I dont knw how to get rid of this. i would purchase a Nokia symbian eyes closed but never a Lumia. Windows OS is such a letdown. Please let me know if theres any way to get flipkart to exchange this phone.
    06-15-2013 05:05 AM
    Guys i wanted to buy a lumia 920 since its launch and never really considered any other device as i was in crazy love. I purchased one recently from Flipkart.com and really disappointed in the device. Battery backup as mentioned all over is crap. Phone gets heated up crazy. i have to charge it 3-4 times a day. Sorry but store is useless. I want to exchange this for a S4 but flipkart wont allow exchanges, just replacement. I dont knw how to get rid of this. i would purchase a Nokia symbian eyes closed but never a Lumia. Windows OS is such a letdown. Please let me know if theres any way to get flipkart to exchange this phone.
    Dude.. if its been only few days then everyphone will give u bad battery life..

give it few weeks as in starting you are exploring it, trying out different apps and all which obviously consumes battery. it wil happpen with all the phone.
    Heating issue will also get resolved after that

every one agrees that they can easily use it for a day with moderate usage.

Tell me what kinda apps you are looking for which you are not able to find.
    06-15-2013 11:24 AM
    check your background task settings and turn off what you dont need. Turn off tap+send, bluetooth if you aren't using them.
    06-15-2013 12:42 PM
    I downloaded nokia music player in my laptop running Windows 7.whenever I click download button it shows an exclamation mark.anyone help me with a solution.
    06-15-2013 02:06 PM
    Can someone tell me about cases for the 920 available in India. There's nothing good on flipkart and I'm not a big fan of the CC-1043. So, any suggestions?
    06-15-2013 02:35 PM
    Ohh yes, I do face connectivity problems.
    I usually had 3 bars on average. After the latest firmware update (1308), I started getting all 5 bars - but only for a week to ten days.
    After that it was back to 3 bars on average and now, its 2 bars on average.
    (The bar numbers were checked on the same spot - my computer table)
    So yes, I do have connectivity problems. Also face issues with bars going up and down.
    Not willing to give phone to Nokia.

Any idea how to solving this issue ? Did u purchase device in India or got it from other country ...
    06-16-2013 10:50 PM
    Hi,

Recent update of bing voice, I noticed that there is a microphone logo on the search bar on the bing search page. I am using Lumia 920 as well, I don't have that button..
    Also, there was a video where one guy was using voice to text to type in messages as in SMS, there was a microphone button on the task bar of messages app as well. I don't have one there too.

Do you guys have it? Is it coz of the regional settings? The language chosen in there or something else??
    06-17-2013 01:48 PM
    Hi,

Recent update of bing voice, I noticed that there is a microphone logo on the search bar on the bing search page. I am using Lumia 920 as well, I don't have that button..
    Also, there was a video where one guy was using voice to text to type in messages as in SMS, there was a microphone button on the task bar of messages app as well. I don't have one there too.

Do you guys have it? Is it coz of the regional settings? The language chosen in there or something else??
    if you change your language to English US or english UK, then you will be able to search with voice or type a mail or text with voice.

with English India language its not possible.
    spiderbatman likes this.
    06-17-2013 01:51 PM
    I came here to tell everybody that the recent update to Bing is really nice and even if you switch to English US/UK , it catches indian accent well enough and hence we get moar features :D
    spiderbatman likes this.
    06-17-2013 01:54 PM
    Hi,

Settings->speech->English(US)
    Phone will reboot and the updated version of Bing voice will be available!!
    But If your accent is Indian you would find very difficult to use voice recognition
    spiderbatman likes this.
    06-17-2013 01:55 PM
    I am guessing this is no software update but requires a fast data connection to actually feel that this process has become faster and better..
    06-19-2013 08:43 AM
    any way to transfer pics from lumia to PC wirelessly.
    06-20-2013 09:03 AM
    Have any one of you tried to fix dust problem? I bought my mobile from USA > Had no warranty. will they replace it for free? As of now i dont find any dust in my screen
    06-20-2013 10:27 AM
    any way to transfer pics from lumia to PC wirelessly.
    It was one of the coolest features in WP 7.8 and Zune. They've removed it from WP8 but hopefully it'll make a comeback at some point. For now your only option is Bluetooth. Or you could turn on auto upload to Skydrive and you'll have it ready on your comp in the Skydrive app.
    06-20-2013 10:27 AM
    Ya did the same
    06-20-2013 08:36 PM
    Hey ppl,

I think a windows phone indian community is a needed in India, please join this page https://www.facebook.com/WPIndiaOwners and maybe create something where everything related to windows phone India can be shared.
    akshay920 likes this.
    06-26-2013 06:28 AM
    recently here venue maps was launched in India as well.. anyone knows how to access it...

i have tried searching few malls and airports on here maps.. but how to go ahead and browse it internally??

any video link will be appreciated..
    06-26-2013 02:25 PM
    recently here venue maps was launched in India as well.. anyone knows how to access it...

i have tried searching few malls and airports on here maps.. but how to go ahead and browse it internally??

any video link will be appreciated..
    You just tap on the malls/airports. If there are multiple levels in the building you will get options on the right to choose which level.
    06-26-2013 08:38 PM
    Hello, from Mumbai.

Bought Lumia 920 in March 2013. Used it for about 2 months with extensive overheating issue. I thought, after reading a lot online, that the heating issue may just die out eventually, but it didn't. So submitted it to the local Nokia Care, who did heck of a job in displaying their incompetency. So I was forced to ask them to send it to their head office in New Delhi (India). These guys took about 2 weeks, and returned the device, but the problem was still there. In addition, these guys had put 2 glaring scratches on a FLAWLESS (even after 2 months usage) the screen. I was definitely not impressed by the continued carelessness shown by the Nokia Care (oh, the irony)

I sent the device back again, and after about 2 weeks, I was told they cannot fix the device, and so they'll be sending me a "swap" device (I guess that's the term Indian Nokia Care people use to indicate replacement). I was more than happy, because I knew it beforehand, after reading about similar experiences, that replacement is the only possible solution to the overheating problem. I got the "swap" device, but the surface had lots of faint scratches. I showed it to the guys present at the local Nokia Care facility where I'd gone to collect the device. But these geniuses rejected my claim, and said there weren't any visible scratches, and even if it was there, that's all I should expect as a replacement if I were to send it back again demanding a better device, which I did. I think it is unjustified for these guys to hand you a faulty and used device while you pay every penny expecting a perfectly functioning product.

Anyway, I waited for about 2 weeks, after I had sent it the 3rd time, before contacting them again. I got another shock. The repair team at the head office said that their "high authority" had inspected the device and they found it to be perfectly fine. They insisted that I should take the device because they don't see anything wrong with it. I wasn't okay with that. I've asked them to look into it again, and if they still continue to be so disappointing in helping me, then perhaps they should just return my damn original phone. I cannot count on these guys anymore. I'm yet to hear from them

So my question: Is there any other way I could manage to convince these ignorant folks to send me a proper device? What options do I have if even the "high authority" (whoever those idiots are), fail to see sense and the scratches on the replacement device? And should I just give up and settle with my original device, if they were to return it?

Any and every help is appreciated.
    06-27-2013 05:32 AM
    You need the help of consumer forum. In India, the consumer courts are the ones which help you fight big companies (operated by idiots) like Nokia.
    There is a site named Akosha :Resolve Consumer Complaints Quickly | Online Consumer Forum Report your case to them and they will help you get justice. I hope this helps.

I never expect this kind of service from a company like Nokia which is already losing market at rapid pace!

Hello, from Mumbai.

Bought Lumia 920 in March 2013. Used it for about 2 months with extensive overheating issue. I thought, after reading a lot online, that the heating issue may just die out eventually, but it didn't. So submitted it to the local Nokia Care, who did heck of a job in displaying their incompetency. So I was forced to ask them to send it to their head office in New Delhi (India). These guys took about 2 weeks, and returned the device, but the problem was still there. In addition, these guys had put 2 glaring scratches on a FLAWLESS (even after 2 months usage) the screen. I was definitely not impressed by the continued carelessness shown by the Nokia Care (oh, the irony)

I sent the device back again, and after about 2 weeks, I was told they cannot fix the device, and so they'll be sending me a "swap" device (I guess that's the term Indian Nokia Care people use to indicate replacement). I was more than happy, because I knew it beforehand, after reading about similar experiences, that replacement is the only possible solution to the overheating problem. I got the "swap" device, but the surface had lots of faint scratches. I showed it to the guys present at the local Nokia Care facility where I'd gone to collect the device. But these geniuses rejected my claim, and said there weren't any visible scratches, and even if it was there, that's all I should expect as a replacement if I were to send it back again demanding a better device, which I did. I think it is unjustified for these guys to hand you a faulty and used device while you pay every penny expecting a perfectly functioning product.

Anyway, I waited for about 2 weeks, after I had sent it the 3rd time, before contacting them again. I got another shock. The repair team at the head office said that their "high authority" had inspected the device and they found it to be perfectly fine. They insisted that I should take the device because they don't see anything wrong with it. I wasn't okay with that. I've asked them to look into it again, and if they still continue to be so disappointing in helping me, then perhaps they should just return my damn original phone. I cannot count on these guys anymore. I'm yet to hear from them

So my question: Is there any other way I could manage to convince these ignorant folks to send me a proper device? What options do I have if even the "high authority" (whoever those idiots are), fail to see sense and the scratches on the replacement device? And should I just give up and settle with my original device, if they were to return it?

Any and every help is appreciated.
    06-27-2013 05:47 AM
    You need the help of consumer forum. In India, the consumer courts are the ones which help you fight big companies (operated by idiots) like Nokia.
    There is a site named Akosha :Resolve Consumer Complaints Quickly | Online Consumer Forum Report your case to them and they will help you get justice. I hope this helps.

I never expect this kind of service from a company like Nokia which is already losing market at rapid pace!
    That's what I was afraid of. That I would need to take extreme measures to stop these guys from victimizing me and the likes. I will wait until the next time I hear from them. If they've done anything to redeem themselves, then fine, otherwise I'll head to the people you've recommended. And for that, I thank you.
    06-27-2013 05:50 AM
    That's what I was afraid of. That I would need to take extreme measures to stop these guys from victimizing me and the likes. I will wait until the next time I hear from them. If they've done anything to redeem themselves, then fine, otherwise I'll head to the people you've recommended. And for that, I thank you.
    Or send a mail to the MD, CEO or the zone head. Send them pictures and all the necessary paperwork. Also, one more thing. Be very polite and tell them you didn't expect Nokia to do this to you. See the first response. If things go as you plan, keep the tone that way. If not, if you think they are too arrogant, tell them politely but firmly, you would be involving the court soon, along with the media.
    06-27-2013 06:25 AM
    Or send a mail to the MD, CEO or the zone head. Send them pictures and all the necessary paperwork. Also, one more thing. Be very polite and tell them you didn't expect Nokia to do this to you. See the first response. If things go as you plan, keep the tone that way. If not, if you think they are too arrogant, tell them politely but firmly, you would be involving the court soon, along with the media.
    Thanks for the reply. I will definitely try to contact some of the company's bigwigs if Nokia Care fails to deliver again. Until then, I guess all I can do is hope like hell and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.
    06-27-2013 06:30 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I will definitely try to contact some of the company's bigwigs if Nokia Care fails to deliver again. Until then, I guess all I can do is hope like hell and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.
    You are welcome. If you need any help, just ask me VIA PM. I will try to help. Had a fair share of tiffs with many companies and I know it usually is in your favour. I mailed the Vodafone CEO about crappy 3G, and I get a call from their office every week telling me the status. Last they called, they said they were in talks with the railway authorities for putting 3G boosters in trains, thanks to me. Fact or fiction, I know I have done my bit as an consumer.
    All the best. And don't hesitate to ask questions.
    06-27-2013 06:37 AM
    You are welcome. If you need any help, just ask me VIA PM. I will try to help. Had a fair share of tiffs with many companies and I know it usually is in your favour. I mailed the Vodafone CEO about crappy 3G, and I get a call from their office every week telling me the status. Last they called, they said they were in talks with the railway authorities for putting 3G boosters in trains, thanks to me. Fact or fiction, I know I have done my bit as an consumer.
    All the best. And don't hesitate to ask questions.
    Impressive, about the Vodafone thing. I hope Nokia People, too, are that responsible and accommodating. And I shall definitely look you up once I get some sort of reply from the repair team. Until then, patience is a virtue, and thanks for your inputs again.
    06-27-2013 06:45 AM
1,110 ... 4041424344 ...