Indian 920 corner

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Thx bro, but decided will be going with White one .
Yellow red indeed feel like boss.

About the screen Guard i'l check the initial days or then apply one.
Fingers Crossed....

had a question being on whats app still drains the battery alot ?
as my 800 hardly lasts a day if i'm heavily using whats app :unhappysweat:

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It's not Whatsapp directly that drains the battery. It's a combination of the screen being on and your data connection working together that drains the battery.

aka P

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
It's not Whatsapp directly that drains the battery. It's a combination of the screen being on and your data connection working together that drains the battery.

The update for Extras+Info has considerably reduced the battery drain. + using a 3rd party app to stop the audio streaming initiated by WhatsApp would also help, use it after you exit the app. Try Stop the Music!

noopster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys whats the latest on the availability front for the 920s? Especially the RED and the YELLOW ones? Are they in stock? Or still difficult to procure one.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Can any one help me use voice to text feature of Lumia 920. As im using India (English) Language pack, "Open" or "call" commands works perfectly. but i am not getting option to dictate messages or email.

according to this link. voice to text feature is supported in India(English) in wp8: Feature and service availability | Windows Phone How-to (भारत)

Tell me wat to do

i have got preinstalled English (India) as a language pack which easily understands when i want to call someone or open an app by voice assistance. But it doesnt support voice messaging or dictation. Is der any way i can get that feature which can understand indian accent english

Go in Languages or Speech I dont know properly right where is the setting, but you need to change the language support to US english rather than Indian English.
it mite download some updates and phone mite restart but you will surely get the features. Myself tried out on friends 920. (i dont have a 920, using 800)

Indira Reddy

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i was planning to buy 920 this month...but considering the price increase have aborted my plans...... 37k in my opinion is too much for this....considering there are lot specced devices at that cost....agreed for windows this is best device.....i think nokia should reconsider the price increase.... any idea whats the recent price in reail shops....?and in the NPDs

Me gusta l920

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
i was planning to buy 920 this month...but considering the price increase have aborted my plans...... 37k in my opinion is too much for this....considering there are lot specced devices at that cost....agreed for windows this is best device.....i think nokia should reconsider the price increase.... any idea whats the recent price in reail shops....?and in the NPDs

try flipkart.com....

anyways hey guys I bought my l920 red one on launch date its awesome but when will it get x-box music ...?

WPhantom

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got my L920 for freaking 37k O.O. Anyways, no music in store for India? Or am I missing something? It wasn't there on demo device either.

And I've heard we get unlimited free LEGAL music if we buy L920? :D I mean from Nokia Music or store, idk, new to WP8.

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Go in Languages or Speech I dont know properly right where is the setting, but you need to change the language support to US english rather than Indian English.
it mite download some updates and phone mite restart but you will surely get the features. Myself tried out on friends 920. (i dont have a 920, using 800)

I downloaded UK english language pack and tried with it.. it gave me features of speech to text but UK english wont understand my accent as perfectly as English (India) pack did.
So there is no point in keeping that language selected in your phone

aka P

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got my L920 for freaking 37k O.O. Anyways, no music in store for India? Or am I missing something? It wasn't there on demo device either.

And I've heard we get unlimited free LEGAL music if we buy L920? :D I mean from Nokia Music or store, idk, new to WP8.

Open Nokia Music and search for the song you want! They have a huge collection trust me.

noopster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

You need to have a Nokia account. If you don't have one, you can sign in on the phone itself and create an account. Once you have the account, the world is your oyster. There is loads of free music for download. Plus there is mix radio where you can download playlists for offline listening.

WPhantom

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
You need to have a Nokia account. If you don't have one, you can sign in on the phone itself and create an account. Once you have the account, the world is your oyster. There is loads of free music for download. Plus there is mix radio where you can download playlists for offline listening.
I was talking about xbox music :p in first sentence.

Nokia music has poor quality songs, or maybe it's something else, but surely doesn't sound like 256/320kbps.

Last edited:

Indira Reddy

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
guyss....got my black 920 yesterday itself didn't wait till my bday i.e on 19th...anyway got it for 32k after giving my 5 old mobiles...bought a black (i m a lady btw) since i felt all other colors were taking too many fingerprints...and got no case on it yet..just a screen guard from nokia.

btw in the store itself the device was heating up wen doing initial set up....switched off NFC, brightness-low, data connection etc etc and then it became little warm...

was charging at home used nokia city lens just for few min and it was hot agin... is this normal???? or should i get an exchange

the store guy said..use for few days if u feel overheaing will replace within 7 days...
so if u don;t have overheating let me know plz...

and what else should i look for in the phone to make sure dnt have any defects??

any nice apps ,tips welcome :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo