Indian 920 corner

Sagar Khandelwal

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
after soft reset .... the screen has gone to black ... i mean the lock screen .. checked ocked screen setting ... it has facebook .. below that app ... app settings have all the albums ticked ... tried ticking single as well still no joy ..
bday still not visible ! :-/

wat m i doing wrong !

have u guys tried it ??

is it working for ne1 ?

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
after soft reset .... the screen has gone to black ... i mean the lock screen .. checked ocked screen setting ... it has facebook .. below that app ... app settings have all the albums ticked ... tried ticking single as well still no joy ..

wat m i doing wrong !

have u guys tried it ??

is it working for ne1 ?

I checked this. Bdays are only shown from the Outlook account.
Not directly from FB. For FB, it only shows events.

However, my FB account is linked within Outlook. You can go to Outlook.com and link 3rd party accounts there.
As a result, I do see birthdays in my calendar.(though not sure if they are coming from FB)

Neil Crasto

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried refreshing it.. and everything.. it doesn't load up..

Yes it works based on contact nos. but that is what I am saying, it should automatically recognize contact nos. which its not doing.. its taking nos. listed on Google and not on FB
:-(

weird...check ur people hub setting..if it as activated ur primary account as in hotmail or microsoft..i was facing the same problem later it just caliberated the info..now i have no issue...oh check wen does data syncs on ur phone...accordingly it refreshes

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
here is what i found in whats app
"This is an FB contact. 3rd party apps such as whatsapp are unable to retrive detailsof FB contacts. Please add the contact details to an alter. source, such as the device contact list."
Case Solved

So this is basically a whatsapp bug.... but its too tidy a job to do such for 100 or so contacts.. :-(

Neil Crasto

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
can all those who own a lumia 920...post how are the fairing on their battery life?? also i hav noticed tat the power button to the side kinda gets pushed in..compared to the volume rockers and the shutter button.

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Battery in morning - 80%
Batter at late night - 28%

WiFi always on, since I have wifi in office as well. GPS tracking app (my own :) ) running in background, few more push notification apps running, 4 e-mails, whatsapp and few calls.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
So this is basically a whatsapp bug.... but its too tidy a job to do such for 100 or so contacts.. :-(

its not a bug, its privacy policy, could be solved if ms make whatsapp native...... Fingers crossed. :) btw if u see u cant even port fb contacts to whats app ios/Android, how could u expect for wp. BTW, porting fb contacts to whatsapp is even easy on wp compared to other os

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Battery in morning - 80%
Batter at late night - 28%

WiFi always on, since I have wifi in office as well. GPS tracking app (my own :) ) running in background, few more push notification apps running, 4 e-mails, whatsapp and few calls.

quite nice, what could u expect from present generation **** batteries?

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

wat m i doing wrong !

have u guys tried it ??

is it working for ne1 ?

Facebook does change my lock-screen image periodically. Are you sure you're connected to internet?

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 OWNERS, PLEASE CHECK YOUR OIS CAMERA.
Do as i say, open camera video mode, then start recording. After a second or two, start shaking your phone up and down, slowly increase until u rigorously shake it up and down, immidiately come to still wait few second, and again start shaking in same manner, first slow and increase it to utmost .
Note that while u shake ur phone really rigorously, do u listen some tak tak sound?
And now transfer the video file to ur pc, play it. Does it play well? I mean sound is not going off when u start rigorous shake, video is not playing well, or any other thing?
PS- Do this test with full hd 1080 pixel recording.
Tell me what u find......
Thanx

yajur

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Do as i say, open camera video mode, then start recording. After a second or two, start shaking your phone up and down, slowly increase until u rigorously shake it up and down, immidiately come to still wait few second, and again start shaking in same manner, first slow and increase it to utmost .
Note that while u shake ur phone really rigorously, do u listen some tak tak sound?
And now transfer the video file to ur pc, play it. Does it play well? I mean sound is not going off when u start rigorous shake, video is not playing well, or any other thing?
Thanx

let me try

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Any Lumia 920 owner using a Good Casing to protect Lumia 920's Body & what about the Screen/Scratch Guard ? Where did you get it & what is it & at what price. Please dont say to buy Online, I want to buy in Store/Shop on-hands !

Haven't you seen videos of the torture tests for the 920, they beat it with a hammer and not much damage to the body.. and for scratches, there was this video of playing fruit ninja with a knife.. why do you even want a scratch guard when it doesn't scratch!!! this is not your usual Samsung product :)

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanx

anyone tried? Please yar, karke dekho ekbar, i think there is some glitch.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Haven't you seen videos of the torture tests for the 920, they beat it with a hammer and not much damage to the body.. and for scratches, there was this video of playing fruit ninja with a knife.. why do you even want a scratch guard when it doesn't scratch!!! this is not your usual Samsung product :)

we know this. Gorilla glass is amazing, but, u know, ye dil nai maan ta yaar. Ye phone itta pyara he, ek scratch bhi afford nai kar sakte!

abxy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
what happened to your previous account hunaid ?
and you still don't have a lumia 920, surprised all those BIG shot INSIDE nokia contacts did nothing for you.

dafuq bro, are you some Glitch Finder or what ? Y U KEEP Finding fault's Glitch in such Epic phone. To tell you the truth, the scenario you explained the L920 Owners, will never happen In REAL LIFE SITUATION, so even if there is a glitch when you do the thing with OIS, it doesnt matter there are only 1 out of 100 chances of it to happen as OIS has been tested to its extreme & has not reported any problem yet. Anyways.. do what you have to & report to Nokia, maybe they will know more about it.

Now, about the Tak Tak sound you're saying, that is the sound of the Floating Lens which is hit up & down due to extreme Shake as it takes time for the Floating lens to get back into its center position if you suddenly stop shaking the phone from Extreme shake to Stand Still. Its not a problem as of such, it is made & built in that way. It is the way the Floating Lens has to work & shift its position accordingly as per the shake. This is not a Problem. The problem can be in the Software regarding capture or rendering of the video/sound but is surely no problem with the hardware. Anyways, this was common sense, & the fact that the Phone is heavy is also because of this Floating Lens !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers