Indian 920 corner

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have been using my lumia 920 on Vodafone Network (INDIA) since i purchased the phone. It was working quite well till today morning and all of a sudden i am not able to see the EDGE symbol. There is no G or E or H (Tried with both 2G & 3G). I called the customer care and they are saying my phone doesnt have any settings. (Its been a week i am using the net). In access point, i could see Vodafone (active) which is not editable nor viewable. I created a new apn named vodafon with apn "www" and saved it (Left all other fields empty) and activated it. Turned off my phone for 5 minutes. No luck.. Have toggled to default settings again. What should i do. I doesnt even know what is the problem. :( My data connection is ON. Is there any other place which i missed out to do the checks.

Thanks in advance..

PS: Do we have an option to turn off the accelerometer? Sometimes, unnecessarily the screen flips :|

I have the same problem too. When i got my phone, I had the E symbol. Once I started using wifi, i had turned the data connection to Off. Now, even if i turn off wifi and turn data connection back on, I dont see the E symbol. I am not sure if i changed any other setting.

creature4life

Banned
Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have been using my lumia 920 on Vodafone Network (INDIA) since i purchased the phone. It was working quite well till today morning and all of a sudden i am not able to see the EDGE symbol. There is no G or E or H (Tried with both 2G & 3G). I called the customer care and they are saying my phone doesnt have any settings. (Its been a week i am using the net). In access point, i could see Vodafone (active) which is not editable nor viewable. I created a new apn named vodafon with apn "www" and saved it (Left all other fields empty) and activated it. Turned off my phone for 5 minutes. No luck.. Have toggled to default settings again. What should i do. I doesnt even know what is the problem. :( My data connection is ON. Is there any other place which i missed out to do the checks.

Thanks in advance..

PS: Do we have an option to turn off the accelerometer? Sometimes, unnecessarily the screen flips :|

go home lumia 920, you're drunk :p

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you know Google takes its mapping data from Navteq ?

I guess you are mistaken. I admit that Google used to use Navteq data till 2006/07. But later they moved to Tele atlas. Now they obtain data from multitude of sources mainly from, NOAA, Digital Globe, Terraetrics, and Geoeye. In fact Nokia also obtains some of their data from Digital Globe. But resolution of maps and providing map data is dependent on many other parameters... As a student, I have taken courses in GIS (Geographical information systems) and part of my lab was to study aerial mosaics, satellite imagery and interrelate geographical data.

Here is a link from theverge detailing how Nokia, Apple and Google get their Map data and how they display them....
Sloppy security? Apple and Nokia conceal fewer sensitive sites than Google Maps | The Verge

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem too. When i got my phone, I had the E symbol. Once I started using wifi, i had turned the data connection to Off. Now, even if i turn off wifi and turn data connection back on, I dont see the E symbol. I am not sure if i changed any other setting.

i bought this phone on 11th this month and since then i have been using the network with wifi/edge. I am not sure, it just happened like anything today... I also doubt there is some network issue as well...BTW which network you are using?

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i bought this phone on 11th this month and since then i have been using the network with wifi/edge. I am not sure, it just happened like anything today... I also doubt there is some network issue as well...BTW which network you are using?

Airtel, bangalore. I did try calling them a couple of times last week n this week too in an attempt to start 3g for my phone n they said there is some issue with their server n so they are not able to activate 3g now for customers. The 2 could possibly be related .

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Thanks in advance..

is your Mobile data really not working or its just not showing3G,H,E,G?

Apoorva Reddy

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 a few hours ago...And I need some help, so help me out please?

1. My wifi connection is that sort of connection where, when you click on the wifi network, you have to wait for the page to load in the web browser and type in the password (something like what they have in airports) , but when I try that with my phone, it gets connected to the network and when I open IE(to type in the password) it says it cannot display the page.

2. I transferred a few music files using bluetooth, but I cannot seem to find them. Where do they get stored?!

Please bear with my noob-ish questions. I am new to this OS. :p

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Airtel, bangalore. I did try calling them a couple of times last week n this week too in an attempt to start 3g for my phone n they said there is some issue with their server n so they are not able to activate 3g now for customers. The 2 could possibly be related .

My issue got resolved. It was a network issue. (Vodafone)

yajur

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 a few hours ago...And I need some help, so help me out please?

1. My wifi connection is that sort of connection where, when you click on the wifi network, you have to wait for the page to load in the web browser and type in the password (something like what they have in airports) , but when I try that with my phone, it gets connected to the network and when I open IE(to type in the password) it says it cannot display the page.

2. I transferred a few music files using bluetooth, but I cannot seem to find them. Where do they get stored?!

Please bear with my noob-ish questions. I am new to this OS. :p

1.download ucweb browser from the app store and try again

2.it stored under folder called download

Sagar Khandelwal

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
1.download ucweb browser from the app store and try again

2.it stored under folder called download

Of these doesn't work try and make a note of the link of the page where u enter ur username and password (while u use it on laptop/pc)
and then try putting the same link on ur phone ..

and on the phone it directly gets into the music+videos app or nokia music

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss