Indian 920 corner

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
guyss....got my black 920 yesterday itself didn't wait till my bday i.e on 19th...anyway got it for 32k after giving my 5 old mobiles...bought a black (i m a lady btw) since i felt all other colors were taking too many fingerprints...and got no case on it yet..just a screen guard from nokia.

btw in the store itself the device was heating up wen doing initial set up....switched off NFC, brightness-low, data connection etc etc and then it became little warm...

was charging at home used nokia city lens just for few min and it was hot agin... is this normal???? or should i get an exchange

the store guy said..use for few days if u feel overheaing will replace within 7 days...
so if u don;t have overheating let me know plz...

and what else should i look for in the phone to make sure dnt have any defects??

any nice apps ,tips welcome :)

My phone gets pretty hot if I use it for a continuous period of time. Nothing to worry about if you ask me, unless it becomes so hot that you cannot hold it. Also you might find the camera part at the back becoming hot if you take a few pics. Again, nothing to worry about unless it becomes uncomfortably hot.

If you don't want a case, but want some kind of protection for the back try Gadgetshieldz (Gadgetshieldz | Scratch Protection for Mobile Devices | iPhone skins, iPad skins, iPod Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins, Shields).

Search reddit.com/r/windowsphone. There are tons of posts related to advice on apps.

And finally, welcome to the world of awesomeness that is Windows Phone :)

Indira Reddy

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone gets pretty hot if I use it for a continuous period of time. Nothing to worry about if you ask me, unless it becomes so hot that you cannot hold it. Also you might find the camera part at the back becoming hot if you take a few pics. Again, nothing to worry about unless it becomes uncomfortably hot.

If you don't want a case, but want some kind of protection for the back try Gadgetshieldz (Gadgetshieldz | Scratch Protection for Mobile Devices | iPhone skins, iPad skins, iPod Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins, Shields).

Search reddit.com/r/windowsphone. There are tons of posts related to advice on apps.

And finally, welcome to the world of awesomeness that is Windows Phone :)
thanks for the quick reply...anyother things i need to check ..i have 5 days to go for replacement...any freezed using any apps? i will test if u can tell me...
it wud be very helpful...

EDIT: i have the clear screen guard installed.... will look for cases on flipkart..i didn't like the nokia flip case... any pointers towards any cases???

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the quick reply...anyother things i need to check ..i have 5 days to go for replacement...any freezed using any apps? i will test if u can tell me...
it wud be very helpful...

EDIT: i have the clear screen guard installed.... will look for cases on flipkart..i didn't like the nokia flip case... any pointers towards any cases???

The official Nokia CC-1043 case is super. Not sure if it's available in India yet but you can order it from the UK and it'll reach you in about 10 days usually (www.2buya.com).

As far as freezing apps are concerned, keep an eye out for Skype and WhatsApp. WhatsApp is a huge battery drain. I personally use Hike which I feel is far better :)

lumia920winpho

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Any Suggestions on how to prevent the FFC Dust issue in the 920?
Regarding the FFC issue, Do cases help in preventing it? If so, which ones? Please share any other suggestions you have?
Thanks

ramagarhwal

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
One week in, this is my experience with the 920.

Amazing night shots, even day shots came out good, dunno whats all the fuss about,

games scenario is pretty good, coming from s40 I can totally manage. I wish there were some running apps like temple run so my friends would just shut up for once.

Quality apps seem to be scarce around the store, but thats just my opinion,

Super sensitive touch is super !

Now only issues i've been facing is the heating up during charging and some random heating during idle.

WPhantom

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
One week in, this is my experience with the 920.

Amazing night shots, even day shots came out good, dunno whats all the fuss about,

games scenario is pretty good, coming from s40 I can totally manage. I wish there were some running apps like temple run so my friends would just shut up for once.

Quality apps seem to be scarce around the store, but thats just my opinion,

Super sensitive touch is super !

Now only issues i've been facing is the heating up during charging and some random heating during idle.

I have a black Lumia 920 and idk wwhat's the fuss about heating up :D. It heated up a little on top when I was using heavily while charging, except that, it stays cool.

Mind you, I've been using my Lumia heavily with everything turned on for continuous 3-4 hours. I get epic battery backup too. Lasts just around 1day with 5-6h screen time (roughly measured)

Indira Reddy

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a black Lumia 920 and idk wwhat's the fuss about heating up :D. It heated up a little on top when I was using heavily while charging, except that, it stays cool.

Mind you, I've been using my Lumia heavily with everything turned on for continuous 3-4 hours. I get epic battery backup too. Lasts just around 1day with 5-6h screen time (roughly measured)

u r lucky .... wifi on and did few updates...it went hot... nokia music its getting hot.... city lens the whole of the upper phone becomes hot..including top rim....when i keep the phone to my ear i can feel heat...i wonder how to take calls when it gets heated up...
kind of a disappointment with the heating issue.... and all that with low brigntness low touch....no bluetooth...no whatsapp, no skype...

will go for a replacement tomorrow.... wish i had gone for 820 instead... if keeping everything off cools is...y wud i buy a 37k phone.

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
my 920 gets heated up as well when im talking on phone for bout 20+ min. other wise it statys cool. ya but when im charging it and along with trying out apps on wifi; then also it starts heating up... software or hardware issue?

Indira Reddy

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i don't think its a software issue...could be the heavy camera issue...since 620 n 820 dnt have this heating up issue....
bte went to the store guy ..he gave his phone and asked to try it..it was getting warm. he was explaining to me bcoz of wireless charging feature it ets hot.....meanwhile my phone did not boot up at all...dnt know when it switched off(i just used it few minutes before)...was lucky... he gave a replacement and i asked for a yellow...i felt black was getting too much hea.... anyway got a matte finish screen guard...it looks awesome.......

lordashley

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
i don't think its a software issue...could be the heavy camera issue...since 620 n 820 dnt have this heating up issue....
bte went to the store guy ..he gave his phone and asked to try it..it was getting warm. he was explaining to me bcoz of wireless charging feature it ets hot.....meanwhile my phone did not boot up at all...dnt know when it switched off(i just used it few minutes before)...was lucky... he gave a replacement and i asked for a yellow...i felt black was getting too much hea.... anyway got a matte finish screen guard...it looks awesome.......

yo Indira... use the phone like would like to 3g, brightness -high, etc. what is the point if you dont use the features NL has.... makes sense? and if you say it is heating up insanely get it replaced. I have yellow and its awesome, mine heats up too ... tip avoid turning wifi and 3g on together .... it also heats up when u play games ... and nokia music doesnt make it heat up ... wifi/3g connectivity makes the phone heat up .....
I had a GS3 before .... trust me all phones with multiprocessor has this issue..... if any know person with s3 says no ... ask them to connect/ play games for 10 to 15 mins ... and c it for your self.

cheers!

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
What's the latest firmware revision number for Lumia 920 here in India??? Is it still, 1249.1001?

And what's that radio software version number for? Does Lumia 920 here in India support radio!?

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
radio is not your music radio.. radio is also referred to communications protocols for call, wifi, Bluetooth etc.

About toast notifications and background apps, since WP7 days the background apps gets suspended after a fortnight or a month. All you have to do is open the app and deactivate and then activate the notifications then it would continue working.

pranav rai

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine heats up quite a bit when playing something intensive like Asphalt 7 for more than 10 min or so. ut once it hets up, it stabilizes and doesnt seem to go into a thermal meltdown of sorts.

The only other case of heating (just warm, not hot though) is when I browse heavily on the data connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99