Indian 920 corner

rnaveen1989

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Guys i bought factory unlocked device from usa.. Everything works fine but my signal bar always get up and down. Can any one help me regarding this problem. Contacted nokia care they simply said to leave my device for 3-4 days and they will re install the software..Does anyone else face connectivity problem

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Guys i bought factory unlocked device from usa.. Everything works fine but my signal bar always get up and down. Can any one help me regarding this problem. Contacted nokia care they simply said to leave my device for 3-4 days and they will re install the software..Does anyone else face connectivity problem

Ohh yes, I do face connectivity problems.
I usually had 3 bars on average. After the latest firmware update (1308), I started getting all 5 bars - but only for a week to ten days.
After that it was back to 3 bars on average and now, its 2 bars on average.
(The bar numbers were checked on the same spot - my computer table)
So yes, I do have connectivity problems. Also face issues with bars going up and down.
Not willing to give phone to Nokia.

killachandra

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Guys i wanted to buy a lumia 920 since its launch and never really considered any other device as i was in crazy love. I purchased one recently from Flipkart.com and really disappointed in the device. Battery backup as mentioned all over is crap. Phone gets heated up crazy. i have to charge it 3-4 times a day. Sorry but store is useless. I want to exchange this for a S4 but flipkart wont allow exchanges, just replacement. I dont knw how to get rid of this. i would purchase a Nokia symbian eyes closed but never a Lumia. Windows OS is such a letdown. Please let me know if theres any way to get flipkart to exchange this phone.

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Guys i wanted to buy a lumia 920 since its launch and never really considered any other device as i was in crazy love. I purchased one recently from Flipkart.com and really disappointed in the device. Battery backup as mentioned all over is crap. Phone gets heated up crazy. i have to charge it 3-4 times a day. Sorry but store is useless. I want to exchange this for a S4 but flipkart wont allow exchanges, just replacement. I dont knw how to get rid of this. i would purchase a Nokia symbian eyes closed but never a Lumia. Windows OS is such a letdown. Please let me know if theres any way to get flipkart to exchange this phone.

Dude.. if its been only few days then everyphone will give u bad battery life..

give it few weeks as in starting you are exploring it, trying out different apps and all which obviously consumes battery. it wil happpen with all the phone.
Heating issue will also get resolved after that

every one agrees that they can easily use it for a day with moderate usage.

Tell me what kinda apps you are looking for which you are not able to find.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

check your background task settings and turn off what you dont need. Turn off tap+send, bluetooth if you aren't using them.

junjunoori

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded nokia music player in my laptop running Windows 7.whenever I click download button it shows an exclamation mark.anyone help me with a solution.

out0fplace

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me about cases for the 920 available in India. There's nothing good on flipkart and I'm not a big fan of the CC-1043. So, any suggestions?

rnaveen1989

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ohh yes, I do face connectivity problems.
I usually had 3 bars on average. After the latest firmware update (1308), I started getting all 5 bars - but only for a week to ten days.
After that it was back to 3 bars on average and now, its 2 bars on average.
(The bar numbers were checked on the same spot - my computer table)
So yes, I do have connectivity problems. Also face issues with bars going up and down.
Not willing to give phone to Nokia.

Any idea how to solving this issue ? Did u purchase device in India or got it from other country ...

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Recent update of bing voice, I noticed that there is a microphone logo on the search bar on the bing search page. I am using Lumia 920 as well, I don't have that button..
Also, there was a video where one guy was using voice to text to type in messages as in SMS, there was a microphone button on the task bar of messages app as well. I don't have one there too.

Do you guys have it? Is it coz of the regional settings? The language chosen in there or something else??

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Recent update of bing voice, I noticed that there is a microphone logo on the search bar on the bing search page. I am using Lumia 920 as well, I don't have that button..
Also, there was a video where one guy was using voice to text to type in messages as in SMS, there was a microphone button on the task bar of messages app as well. I don't have one there too.

Do you guys have it? Is it coz of the regional settings? The language chosen in there or something else??

if you change your language to English US or english UK, then you will be able to search with voice or type a mail or text with voice.

with English India language its not possible.

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I came here to tell everybody that the recent update to Bing is really nice and even if you switch to English US/UK , it catches indian accent well enough and hence we get moar features :D

Slenzen

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Settings->speech->English(US)
Phone will reboot and the updated version of Bing voice will be available!!
But If your accent is Indian you would find very difficult to use voice recognition

rnaveen1989

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Have any one of you tried to fix dust problem? I bought my mobile from USA > Had no warranty. will they replace it for free? As of now i dont find any dust in my screen

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
any way to transfer pics from lumia to PC wirelessly.

It was one of the coolest features in WP 7.8 and Zune. They've removed it from WP8 but hopefully it'll make a comeback at some point. For now your only option is Bluetooth. Or you could turn on auto upload to Skydrive and you'll have it ready on your comp in the Skydrive app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99