Indian 920 corner

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
recently here venue maps was launched in India as well.. anyone knows how to access it...

i have tried searching few malls and airports on here maps.. but how to go ahead and browse it internally??

any video link will be appreciated..

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
recently here venue maps was launched in India as well.. anyone knows how to access it...

i have tried searching few malls and airports on here maps.. but how to go ahead and browse it internally??

any video link will be appreciated..

You just tap on the malls/airports. If there are multiple levels in the building you will get options on the right to choose which level.

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, from Mumbai.

Bought Lumia 920 in March 2013. Used it for about 2 months with extensive overheating issue. I thought, after reading a lot online, that the heating issue may just die out eventually, but it didn't. So submitted it to the local Nokia Care, who did heck of a job in displaying their incompetency. So I was forced to ask them to send it to their head office in New Delhi (India). These guys took about 2 weeks, and returned the device, but the problem was still there. In addition, these guys had put 2 glaring scratches on a FLAWLESS (even after 2 months usage) the screen. I was definitely not impressed by the continued carelessness shown by the Nokia Care (oh, the irony)

I sent the device back again, and after about 2 weeks, I was told they cannot fix the device, and so they'll be sending me a "swap" device (I guess that's the term Indian Nokia Care people use to indicate replacement). I was more than happy, because I knew it beforehand, after reading about similar experiences, that replacement is the only possible solution to the overheating problem. I got the "swap" device, but the surface had lots of faint scratches. I showed it to the guys present at the local Nokia Care facility where I'd gone to collect the device. But these geniuses rejected my claim, and said there weren't any visible scratches, and even if it was there, that's all I should expect as a replacement if I were to send it back again demanding a better device, which I did. I think it is unjustified for these guys to hand you a faulty and used device while you pay every penny expecting a perfectly functioning product.

Anyway, I waited for about 2 weeks, after I had sent it the 3rd time, before contacting them again. I got another shock. The repair team at the head office said that their "high authority" had inspected the device and they found it to be perfectly fine. They insisted that I should take the device because they don't see anything wrong with it. I wasn't okay with that. I've asked them to look into it again, and if they still continue to be so disappointing in helping me, then perhaps they should just return my damn original phone. I cannot count on these guys anymore. I'm yet to hear from them

So my question: Is there any other way I could manage to convince these ignorant folks to send me a proper device? What options do I have if even the "high authority" (whoever those idiots are), fail to see sense and the scratches on the replacement device? And should I just give up and settle with my original device, if they were to return it?

Any and every help is appreciated.

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You need the help of consumer forum. In India, the consumer courts are the ones which help you fight big companies (operated by idiots) like Nokia.
There is a site named Akosha :Resolve Consumer Complaints Quickly | Online Consumer Forum Report your case to them and they will help you get justice. I hope this helps.

I never expect this kind of service from a company like Nokia which is already losing market at rapid pace!

Hello, from Mumbai.

Bought Lumia 920 in March 2013. Used it for about 2 months with extensive overheating issue. I thought, after reading a lot online, that the heating issue may just die out eventually, but it didn't. So submitted it to the local Nokia Care, who did heck of a job in displaying their incompetency. So I was forced to ask them to send it to their head office in New Delhi (India). These guys took about 2 weeks, and returned the device, but the problem was still there. In addition, these guys had put 2 glaring scratches on a FLAWLESS (even after 2 months usage) the screen. I was definitely not impressed by the continued carelessness shown by the Nokia Care (oh, the irony)

I sent the device back again, and after about 2 weeks, I was told they cannot fix the device, and so they'll be sending me a "swap" device (I guess that's the term Indian Nokia Care people use to indicate replacement). I was more than happy, because I knew it beforehand, after reading about similar experiences, that replacement is the only possible solution to the overheating problem. I got the "swap" device, but the surface had lots of faint scratches. I showed it to the guys present at the local Nokia Care facility where I'd gone to collect the device. But these geniuses rejected my claim, and said there weren't any visible scratches, and even if it was there, that's all I should expect as a replacement if I were to send it back again demanding a better device, which I did. I think it is unjustified for these guys to hand you a faulty and used device while you pay every penny expecting a perfectly functioning product.

Anyway, I waited for about 2 weeks, after I had sent it the 3rd time, before contacting them again. I got another shock. The repair team at the head office said that their "high authority" had inspected the device and they found it to be perfectly fine. They insisted that I should take the device because they don't see anything wrong with it. I wasn't okay with that. I've asked them to look into it again, and if they still continue to be so disappointing in helping me, then perhaps they should just return my damn original phone. I cannot count on these guys anymore. I'm yet to hear from them

So my question: Is there any other way I could manage to convince these ignorant folks to send me a proper device? What options do I have if even the "high authority" (whoever those idiots are), fail to see sense and the scratches on the replacement device? And should I just give up and settle with my original device, if they were to return it?

Any and every help is appreciated.

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
You need the help of consumer forum. In India, the consumer courts are the ones which help you fight big companies (operated by idiots) like Nokia.
There is a site named Akosha :Resolve Consumer Complaints Quickly | Online Consumer Forum Report your case to them and they will help you get justice. I hope this helps.

I never expect this kind of service from a company like Nokia which is already losing market at rapid pace!

That's what I was afraid of. That I would need to take extreme measures to stop these guys from victimizing me and the likes. I will wait until the next time I hear from them. If they've done anything to redeem themselves, then fine, otherwise I'll head to the people you've recommended. And for that, I thank you.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. That I would need to take extreme measures to stop these guys from victimizing me and the likes. I will wait until the next time I hear from them. If they've done anything to redeem themselves, then fine, otherwise I'll head to the people you've recommended. And for that, I thank you.

Or send a mail to the MD, CEO or the zone head. Send them pictures and all the necessary paperwork. Also, one more thing. Be very polite and tell them you didn't expect Nokia to do this to you. See the first response. If things go as you plan, keep the tone that way. If not, if you think they are too arrogant, tell them politely but firmly, you would be involving the court soon, along with the media.

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Or send a mail to the MD, CEO or the zone head. Send them pictures and all the necessary paperwork. Also, one more thing. Be very polite and tell them you didn't expect Nokia to do this to you. See the first response. If things go as you plan, keep the tone that way. If not, if you think they are too arrogant, tell them politely but firmly, you would be involving the court soon, along with the media.

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely try to contact some of the company's bigwigs if Nokia Care fails to deliver again. Until then, I guess all I can do is hope like hell and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely try to contact some of the company's bigwigs if Nokia Care fails to deliver again. Until then, I guess all I can do is hope like hell and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

You are welcome. If you need any help, just ask me VIA PM. I will try to help. Had a fair share of tiffs with many companies and I know it usually is in your favour. I mailed the Vodafone CEO about crappy 3G, and I get a call from their office every week telling me the status. Last they called, they said they were in talks with the railway authorities for putting 3G boosters in trains, thanks to me. Fact or fiction, I know I have done my bit as an consumer.
All the best. And don't hesitate to ask questions.

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
You are welcome. If you need any help, just ask me VIA PM. I will try to help. Had a fair share of tiffs with many companies and I know it usually is in your favour. I mailed the Vodafone CEO about crappy 3G, and I get a call from their office every week telling me the status. Last they called, they said they were in talks with the railway authorities for putting 3G boosters in trains, thanks to me. Fact or fiction, I know I have done my bit as an consumer.
All the best. And don't hesitate to ask questions.

Impressive, about the Vodafone thing. I hope Nokia People, too, are that responsible and accommodating. And I shall definitely look you up once I get some sort of reply from the repair team. Until then, patience is a virtue, and thanks for your inputs again.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Impressive, about the Vodafone thing. I hope Nokia People, too, are that responsible and accommodating. And I shall definitely look you up once I get some sort of reply from the repair team. Until then, patience is a virtue, and thanks for your inputs again.
Welcome. Always.

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
You just tap on the malls/airports. If there are multiple levels in the building you will get options on the right to choose which level.

I just searched for delhi-kolkata-mumbai international airports.. and didn't show me anything.. tried couple of malls as well.. but still it showed me nothing..

can you tell me if you have browsed through any such buildings.. which I can see..

I have downloaded delhi and maharashtra maps.. which are up to date.. but sadly it gives me no indoor venue mapping :cry:

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i have tried inorbit mall in hyderabad. it worked perfectly. If you zoom in a lot, then i t starts showing you different floor plans of the mall and you can select which floor to view

SBaljeet

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Are their any public rooms to join. Coz i think only lumia owners can use this feature and right now none of my frnds are carrying lumia

You can invite non WP users to rooms, but there's some limitations, im not quite sure exactly what, though.

Invite a person who has a hotmail/outlook/live ID, and that person will see a shared "Rooms" photos folder and a OneNote notebook in his/her SkyDrive. Non WP users can edit the OneNote notebook and add photos etc to the family room folder). Im not sure it works with non-Microsoft IDs, I haven't tried it.

And there are no public rooms. Its invitation only.

Last edited:

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
i have tried inorbit mall in hyderabad. it worked perfectly. If you zoom in a lot, then i t starts showing you different floor plans of the mall and you can select which floor to view
I've tried Forum Mall in Bangalore and it works fine.

Yup.. thanks.. I got it..

But since HERE maps can be downloaded, I observe one thing..

To access HERE Venue maps.. you have to have data connection. Otherwise it doesn't load the detailed view of the map. I checked my downloaded maps, they are up to date. But if I switch off the data, I don't see any detailed view of the mall. Wonder, if Nokia should bundle it with its next map update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire