Micro USB port loose connection?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
How much "play" (wiggle) is there supposed to be when plugging in the charger to the 8X? Is the metal supposed to go all the way in until it reaches the black plastic and lock in?

Mine is charging fine, but there is some wiggle when it is plugged in and you can see perhaps a cm of metal when it stops going in. I am coming from an iPhone 4, which locked in solidly with no play when the charger was connected. Thanks!

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I have the exact same.. Had my phone well over a month. No issues. I think its designed to have a touch of play. The EVO 4G was notorious for loose charging ports. The solder joints broke. I'm contemplating making a kick stand that snaps in/on this area to make it easier to watch movies..

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is charging fine, but there is some wiggle when it is plugged in and you can see perhaps a cm of metal when it stops going in.

If you mean 1 mm, then I have it too. I think the "wiggle" is due to the USB port that is used by so many devices and manufacturers, but I guess that is a good thing, charging my phone at the moment with the cable from my Kindle.

DurocShark

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My standard USB cable has a smidge of play. Not unusual.

However, my VZW car charger is so loose, when the phone is in the mount, the cable will fall out when I go over a bump.

:eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa