Tablet Net Access Speed via Nokia 920 Internet Sharing

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Need your advice please...

I would like to know if i have a LTE Tablet (eg Samsung Note 10.1 LTE) ... and I link it up to my Nokia 920 via the fuction "Internet Sharing" ..
what would be my Internet Access Speed? suppose if i am on a LTE/4G network ...

Will my tablet be on LTE/4G speed as well when surfing the internet
??? (there is no SIM CARD inside the LTE /4G tablet)

Thanks

PS: I am currently using Samsung Tab 2 (Wi-fi ONLY) ... the speed is quite ok .. but i'm not sure know how to see the actual speed ...or whether I am able to use the 4G/LTE network ....

Last edited:

robmif76

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If you're sharing internet access from 920 to table the speed is determined by the wi-fi connection not by LTE/3G.
If you get an LTE tablet you have 2 options: -
1) stick a sim card in it and use LTE directly
2) share internet from 920 and use wifi on tablet

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi robmit76,

Thanks for your comments...

So can i confirm...basically there is NO NEED for me to get a LTE / 4G Tablet if the only access i have is via my phone (Nokia 920) and the speed is through wi-fi.

(unless i want to get a extra SIM card for my tablet to can access the LTE/4G network)

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
There is no need to get a SIM for the tablet. Internet Sharing on the Lumia 920 turns it into a WiFi access point and the internet connection will be as fast as your carrier connection unless that somehow exceeds the speed of WiFi in which case it would be limited by the WiFi speed. You can test the speeds with Speed test apps on both the phone and/or the tablet while it is connected to the phone via WiFi. I connect my surface to my 920 and it works great over LTE or 4G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes