Lumia 920 and Screen Protector

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
hey guys. was wondering, do any of you use the zagg invisishield for your lumia 920? i've had my 920 since retail store launch but havent used a screen protector at all. thinking i may get one. i have a protective case that my lumia 920 sits in and it wraps around the side of the phone and touches the edge of the screen. will a case like that affect the screen protector? like cause it to come up at the edges where the the case touches or case bubbles down the road? thanks for your reply.

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Never used a Zagg - I'm partial to PhantomSkinz - but if the skin is properly applied, the case shouldn't peel or otherwise affect the fit around the edges.

We ordered full body metallic PhantomSkinz for our 920s. Wrapping the black one in blue since we couldn't find a cyan Lumia and the red one in red just for protection.

I'll post some pics when I get them done.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Never used a Zagg - I'm partial to PhantomSkinz - but if the skin is properly applied, the case shouldn't peel or otherwise affect the fit around the edges.

We ordered full body metallic PhantomSkinz for our 920s. Wrapping the black one in blue since we couldn't find a cyan Lumia and the red one in red just for protection.

I'll post some pics when I get them done.

thats the clear body skin right? how was that trying to apply it to the back of the 920 since it is curved? what did you use to squeegy out the liquid and bubbles on the curved surface?

EG8196

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I just put a Moshi on tonight, mainly to cover up scratches to my glass.

It's pretty matte so it's nice that it doesn't finger print and the good news is I can't see the scratches. Bad news is that it does dim the image a bit but I had a gift card so I didn't really pay for it. I think if it was truly clear and glosses it would fingerprint a lit and not hide the scratches nearly as well.
how about the cutting?
Thanks

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
thats the clear body skin right? how was that trying to apply it to the back of the 920 since it is curved? what did you use to squeegy out the liquid and bubbles on the curved surface?

Haven't received them yet but I'll share the experience when I post pics. PhantomSkinz Chromatics (simulated carbon fiber and wood grain as well as metallic) are more like vinyl decals - they have adhesive on the back and don't require water - so the application will have to be more precise but it shouldn't be too difficult. Bubbles can still be squeegeed out with a little help from a blow dryer.

I'm pretty sure the screen protector will be a wet application. The images on their website show how they're designed to wrap around the curved edge of the L920. Look at cell phones > AT&T & the Lumias are on page two.

Those guys do it right from superior design, loads of styles & color options, and some of the best customer service you'll find.

I'm not a shill, I've just used PhantomSkinz on numerous phones and have been very impressed by the quality of the product and their "do the right thing" customer service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss