Worst Warranty Experience!!!

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So my Nokia Lumia 920 Died on me after doing a factory default reset (as per the Nokia Rep that assisted me with some syncing and rebooting issues)

The Phone died and wouldn't go pass the Nokia Logo Screen.

So i took it back to the Store on the 30th December (had the Phone since the 23rd November) , haven't heard anything regarding the phone... Contacted Nokia via Facebook, They asked for the details of the Situation and i gave them those, and they said they will look into the matter.

Then they came back to me with the Contact details of the Repair Center... Contacted them and they said they would get back to me.... That was Monday... it's friday today...

Surely it doesn't take 2 weeks to swop out or repair the phone...

and being one of the biggest Nokia Fanboys makes this even most frustrating as this is effecting my friends decisions to buy nokia phones too. (and i've been working so hard on getting them to get Lumia's)

Any advise guys? since the Service Provider isn't helping me at all

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
BTW this the first email i got from nokia on the 30th

"Dear .,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In response to your concern, we would like to apologize a lot for inconvenience, and we are sorry to hear that you face an issue with one of our products, I just want to inform you that we totally understand your concern and we took it in notice, and if you received the device and have the same issue kindly leave the device in the Care Center and send us again.

Kindly find below the reference number for your inquiry that has been documented on our system ,so whenever you contact us back for the same concern we will be able to check and follow up on your inquiry on our system efficiently"

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
they took a couple days off for the 31st and the 1st. also since u sent on a sunday shipping might not work (takes to 2 days to ship to them)
i sent mine on the 26th just got it back yesterday, brand new one of course. 0 problem whatsoever case is very solid battery last 2+ days
good things come to those who who wait

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Never did get why they do not offer a replacement on the spot, Here in Thailand it takes 4 working days only problem is I had to take it back 3 times as the microphone was not working the first time the next 2 times the screen was loose, it is still the same now but I couldn't be bothered to send it in again.
As for my 920 they flashed the new software while I waited.

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Never did get why they do not offer a replacement on the spot, Here in Thailand it takes 4 working days only problem is I had to take it back 3 times as the microphone was not working the first time the next 2 times the screen was loose, it is still the same now but I couldn't be bothered to send it in again.
As for my 920 they flashed the new software while I waited.

That's why i asked if anyone can help... if we were allowed to flash the phones ourselves i would have to take it to the repair center and wait 4 weeks to get my "new" phone back... it's annoying to be without a smart phone in this day and age

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I had mine get stuck on the Nokia screen! I just held Volume down and the Power Button until it finally rebooted! Not sure where your from but I switched from insurance from AT&T to BestBuy they swap out the phone with a new if they cannot get it going no questions asked but the insurance cost a bit more and I believe its only for phones purchased through their stores...

I believe there is a flash program on the Nokia site for upgrading Nokia phones but I believe it is highly not recommended... Not sure why... I think it only pulls the updated roms from OEM networks and only updates not full roms...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I had mine get stuck on the Nokia screen! I just held Volume down and the Power Button until it finally rebooted! Not sure where your from but I switched from insurance from AT&T to BestBuy they swap out the phone with a new if they cannot get it going no questions asked but the insurance cost a bit more and I believe its only for phones purchased through their stores...

I believe there is a flash program on the Nokia site for upgrading Nokia phones but I believe it is highly not recommended... Not sure why... I think it only pulls the updated roms from OEM networks and only updates not full roms...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

I think it's just this Country (South Africa if you were wondering), everything takes extra long here

If nokia had a flash System like they did with Symbian it would make life so much easier... i've flashed my old Nokia n8 So many Times and never had to take it into the store

i love my lumia and i cannot live without it any longer

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it's just this Country (South Africa if you were wondering), everything takes extra long here

If nokia had a flash System like they did with Symbian it would make life so much easier... i've flashed my old Nokia n8 So many Times and never had to take it into the store

i love my lumia and i cannot live without it any longer

There is a simple and quick way to flash Lumia phones using Nokia Care Suite, http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html
However, Nokia are shutting down Navifirm by the end of January so we won't be able to get the Firmwares anymore. This applies to all Nokia devices not just Lumias.

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
if we were allowed to flash the phones ourselves i would have to take it to the repair center and wait 4 weeks to get my "new" phone back... it's annoying to be without a smart phone in this day and age

You should have googled/searched before posting this comment or sending back your phone.

You're without a smart phone for two weeks? Oh boo hoo. Poor you. Where I'm from it takes minimum TWO MONTHS to get a phone back when you send it to the carrier.

Grow a pair and hold strain.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
only problem with that , according to our service provider any software tampering will result in a void of warranty !!!
If you flash the original firmware meant for your product code to revive a bricked phone nobody will know so your warranty will be intact
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Board Express

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You should have googled/searched before posting this comment or sending back your phone.

You're without a smart phone for two weeks? Oh boo hoo. Poor you. Where I'm from it takes minimum TWO MONTHS to get a phone back when you send it to the carrier.

Grow a pair and hold strain.

lol sorry dude, but i work for a IT Company and being the only one in your team that has a samsung that can only send and receive SMS messages kind of sets back the whole team

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am in the UK and had to send it back due to the case coming apart from the screen at the top as I was over the 14 day limit. After resetting to factory settings prior to sending it it got bricked as well.

They collected it via UPS on the Tuesday of the week before Christmas and I got it back on Monday 24/12 which is a pretty impressive turnaround. Too bad whatever fix they tried lasted for about 2 weeks, now the top is loose again.

In the meantime I learned how to flash it and upgraded to Portico after the firmware for my provider appeared on the Nokia servers.

As another poster said if you flash with the firmware for your product/provider you should be OK.

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Mr.Elop about my problem with my Nokia Lumia 920 and he ask the nokia care to help me. Nokia Care emailed quickly and they told me that will prioritize the replacement of the phone.

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Mr.Elop about my problem with my Nokia Lumia 920 and he ask the nokia care to help me. Nokia Care emailed quickly and they told me that will prioritize the replacement of the phone.

How did you get his Email address ?

I wonder if that would work for me ? (it's torture to be at a party and have a dinosaur phone lol)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb