IE10 issue? Anyone else get this?

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Morning,

On my L920 the images in IE10 are blurry, esp when you zoom in, is this a common fault that needs an update?

Compared it to the iphone browser and the images on the iphone are crystal clear.

thanks

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm, I am happy with the photo quality of IE10 ... but I can not compare to iPhone 5 ...

Maybe Microsoft is just clever ... what do you do with the highest quality pic in a phone (in 4 to 5 inch display) ? .. as it will slow down your real browsing speed to download the such big pics in the full size when is just browsing ... :)

iNtEnSePL

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
When you zoom in everything gets blurry until zooming stops, then all gets back to sharp.
With what site do you have this issue? Maybe it's because your operator uses Data Sense technology by default. It's system wide solution similiar to Nokia Xpress.

Let me guess, you are on Verizon network in US ?

churchwa

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Your APN settings might need changing, nearly all networks compress images and the APN settings determin by how much. you will probably find you are running generic settings made for low res screens. They will have changed the iphone APN settings to not compress as much because they think it has a high dpi screen. Probably just a matter of changing the username and password.

iNtEnSePL

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Your APN settings might need changing, nearly all networks compress images and the APN settings determin by how much. you will probably find you are running generic settings made for low res screens. They will have changed the iphone APN settings to not compress as much because they think it has a high dpi screen. Probably just a matter of changing the username and password.

heh nice way of "helping users" with limiting bandwidth usage on network for operator... doesn't happen in Poland AFAIK :)

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

changing what username and password?

i'm on EE uk. The image quality of any site is poor esp when i zoom in. Doesnt refocus stays the same quality

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
added the following APN settings, still the same blurry images:

[h=2]Connecting your Windows Phone to EE[/h]Starting from the homescreen of your handset:
Tap the arrow right in the top corner of the handset to access the main menu and press Settings. Select mobile network and then add apn.
[h=3]Adding the settings to the handset[/h]The first stage of the setup is to enable your internet connection, fill in the settings below to get setup.
1346662628-medium.jpg

Name – EE Internet
APN – everywhere
Proxy & Proxy Port - should be left blank
Username – eesecure
Password - secure
Tap save (small button with a Disk icon next to the X)
Press the confirm icon.
Press the Home key to return to standby mode.
That’s it, you're set up and activated. Give the browser a test to see if everything’s up and running, you should be able to load a web page if things have been set up correctly.

iNtEnSePL

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Here's how to manually set up a data connection on your Nokia Lumia 920:

From the Start screen, swipe to the left.
Scroll down to and tap Settings.
Scroll down to and tap mobile network.
Tap the add internet apn field.
Tap the APN field.
Enter everywhere and tap the Username field.
Enter eesecure and tap the Back button.
Tap the Password field.
Enter pass and tap the save icon.

That's it - the data connection has been manually configured for your Nokia Lumia 920.

Last edited:

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Here's how to manually set up a data connection on your Nokia Lumia 920:

From the Start screen, swipe to the left.
Scroll down to and tap Settings.
Scroll down to and tap mobile network.
Tap the add internet apn field.
Tap the APN field.
Enter everywhere and tap the Username field.
Enter eesecure and tap the Back button.
Tap the Password field.
Enter pass and tap the save icon.

That's it - the data connection has been manually configured for your Nokia Lumia 920.

come on, exactly what i did. Still no joy. Blurry pics are norm with Lumia 920

iNtEnSePL

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The pictures are sharp on my 920. The issue you are describing might be connected with pixel density and comparison to i.e. LCD desktop monitor (that has much less dense display).
What "seems to be" sharp on monitor is not necessarily sharp. Then your 920 has to use on-the-fly postprocessing of images to be able to display them at zoom level desired by you.
This results in diffrent feeling comparing to other screens (with diffrent pixel density / size).

So pictures on webpages will look every time diffrent on 920 and any other phone with diffrent specs. And I think that is it. Nothing else :)

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
you got to be kidding me?

why is it everytime theres an issue with the L920, i get told it's just like that. Let me make it clear, looking at the browsers of non windows phone the images on the internet pages are sharp even when you zoom.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
right, see attached pic,

going to IMDB mobile webpage, the images are so blurry. Getting really sick of L920. Camera day pics are blurry too.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130111_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20130111_0001.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 14

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
right, see attached pic,

going to IMDB mobile webpage, the images are so blurry. Getting really sick of L920. Camera day pics are blurry too.

I was just checking that page ... double click that guy's pic too, to make it a full size pic ... looks good for me ...

Well, if YOU have iPhone 5 too - CAN YOU SEND THE SCREENSHOTS OF THE BOTH ONES, Lumia 920 and iPhone 5, so we can compare ...

Enclosed my Lumia 920 screenshots from that page ....

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130111_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20130111_0001.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 13
  • wp_ss_20130111_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20130111_0002.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 6

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why is the sgs3 so much sharper?

So you decided to send S3 screenshot instead of iPhone 5 screenshot - did it fail ? ... and that's not the same page either :) ... so if YOU have Lumia 920, iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3 phones, so can you make the screenshots from the same page by all these phones, so we can really compare them here ... :)

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You get the idea. I compared it to a mates iphone 5 at work and I'm not at work now.

The last picture i posted is blurry on my L920.

Must be a setting or something.. Anyone else experience this?

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You get the idea. I compared it to a mates iphone 5 at work and I'm not at work now.

The last picture i posted is blurry on my L920.

Must be a setting or something.. Anyone else experience this?

I've just got the same pictures up on my 920 and they are pin sharp, as in jarip's post.

ps... i know how to save a screenshot but how do i then post it to this forum?

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've noticed this.. I was actually just comparing a couple sites yesterday with my HTC One X and it was clear that IE didn't render the pic/text properly in some areas, while the One X was ultra sharp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb