would you recommend buying a 920 after owning one yourself?

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Btw, my battery life was never awful, but its unreal now. I can always make it into the second day on a charge. I have two push emails; weather, battery and a wallpaper app on my lock screen; plus Skype, IM+, and other stuff running in the background.

how did it get this good? New phone?

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I love my Lumia 920. It is the best smartphone I've *ever* owned. Battery life is superb, the screen is lovely, the camera works fantastically for me (I never knew how much low-light photos I took until I saw how much this camera did for me!), the OS is lovely, and it's physical design is stylish and distinctive. Music sounds great on headphones and for some kinds of music the dolby digital processing improves the sound.

The only serious drawback is the app selection, but if you are ok with that then it is an excellent phone. (And if you do decide the app situation is problematic, queue up for a nexus 4 when you can, that's an excellent device too if you aren't bothered by the lack of LTE. That's my second phone, and hspa+ on t-mobile has done surprisingly well for me.)

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i am currently using a lumia 800. Build wise I'd say its the best phone i have seen. My use is rough and yet the phone looks perfectly good. I am considering buying a wp8 device soon. The ativ s is not an option, so its basically between the 920 and the 8x.The 920 being built on the lines of the 800 would be the ideal choice for me. However after reading several posts here I'm not as sure anymore. The 920 seems to have several problems- dust under the screen, restarts, bad battery life, phone heating up and build quality not being up to the standard of the 800. Reading about these things has made me wonder if the 920 is actually the better choice. I am particularly concerned about the battery life problems as thats the one thing i dislike about my 800. i need to charge it twice a day. when i told the nokia care people it lasts only 6-7 hours a day they said thats what it should be and refused to take any action. iv been reading the 8x forums and it seems to have its own set of problems too, but fewer than the ones here. i do get that the people with the problems are more vocal than the others but i find the number of problems experienced here to be extremely high. I wanted to know if everyone is facing some problems or the other with the 920, or just a few people with bad luck on the day. I want to be sure about what i get into before i buy the device, as Nokia Care is quite useless unless the problem is too obvious. I just wanted to know if you'll are enjoying the device as much as you expected to. Thanks

The 8x costs about $100 less than the 920 here in india

dont take the posts with the people having an issue as being the majority of 920 owners. they're more like the 10%. so to answer your thread title question i would say yes and i already have.

Mike_J

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Love the 920 - So far had zero issues. The latest Skydrive update fixed an issue I thought was the PDF reader but was actually a Skydrive issue. Have an 820 its fine but run into storage/memory issues already. Just ordered 5th 920 for business.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
dont take the posts with the people having an issue as being the majority of 920 owners. they're more like the 10%. so to answer your thread title question i would say yes and i already have.

And if you're part of that 10%, its kind of hard to recommend the phone to anyone. I tell my family to get iPhone because it works. I can't stand anything Apple but I know they won't be disappointed with hardware or software for their needs.

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sv: would you recommend buying a 920 after owning one yourself?

And if you're part of that 10%, its kind of hard to recommend the phone to anyone. I tell my family to get iPhone because it works. I can't stand anything Apple but I know they won't be disappointed with hardware or software for their needs.

I do the same but I say that wp8 is where I.os was @ 2-3 years ago and android was 2 years ago building up market fixing bugs (well android is in some way still there)

Skickat fr?n min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
get iPhone because it works. I can't stand anything Apple but I know they won't be disappointed with hardware or software for their needs.
LOLz... Tell that to the many of iPhone 5 owners who can't even last a day on single charge after latest iOS (6.0.2) update... 100's of posts about it on Apple's own forums. Even my iPhone 4S had noticeably decreased battery life after I updated it with iOS 6 (nothing helped until I restored it to factory default and then set it up as new device, without using backups). I don't hate Apple (I still use a bunch of their devices, including iPad, Apple TV and MacBookPro), but the quality of both their hardware (iPhone 5 with its thin, flimsy aluminum frame and backside) and software (battery life problems for a lot of people since iOS 6 release, awful Maps app for which they had to publicly apologize, etc.) is in a very disappointing state of continuous decline right now.

fiveodano

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Tmo so I can't speak to the 920 as I have the 8X. But I am loving WP8 and my 8X. Other than a few restarts its been a great phone.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
On my second Lumia. Went back to Android, realized Windows Phone is better and traded back for a Lumia. The one I got was a little beat up so I got a warranty replacement.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I've owned 5 smartphones before this one: OG Droid -> HTC Thunderbolt (that one was a mistake) -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> HTC One X/Lumia 900 (switched between them every so often, usually kept HTC One X as I'm a photographer and like to have a decent camera on me) -> Lumia 920. I have had no issues with mine: no overheating, no dust under cameras, I can take great pics (although, just like any camera, it takes a bit of getting use to), and I can usually pull a couple of days of battery, and that's with: youtube vids, music across bluetooth, tons of pics, texts, emails (2 accounts syncing every 30 minutes), phone calls, games, and SOME tethering (usually just when I'm at work and using my tablet, sometimes at a friend's place who has TERRIBLE Internet speeds). Seriously, this phone is a beast. The build quality is superb, and I'd say unmatched since my OG Droid (that thing was a freaking tank). Seriously, I like EVERYTHING about this phone. There's nothing that has disappointed me, and I'm glad I made the full switch from Android to WP.

Edit: put 4 instead of 5 smartphones, and fixed some grammar.

Edit 2: I also have weather syncing constantly. Almost forgot that.

Locutus3d

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
A resounding YES! Everyone has pretty much mention all the reason I love the 920.
Coming from an iPhone, I can get over how smooth WP8 is. Every app opens lightening fast. Something that is ALWAYS remarked about when people ask me to show them my phone.
You know, with all 700,000 apps available to me when I had my iPhone, I never had trouble putting it down. Not the same with my Lumia 920.
It is quite literally always with me. Its perfect integration into social networks and amazing email interface keeps me connected to my clients and my friends in ways that were FAR MORE intuitive than on an iOS device.
Lastly, 99% of the apps I had on iOS are on my 920 and function better on WP8. In fact, I had to jailbreak my iPhone to almost get the feel and functionality I have with my 920.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Just throwing this out there, my 920 is showing signs of wear and tear, but that is due to me having a few too many drinks one night. All in all this phone is awesome! My wife and I (notice the dual responsibly here) put mine in the washing machine and we realized it about 10 minutes after the load started... Very scary moment, but here I am today typing this response on my phone! I must say, something that can put up with my abuse and take a swim for 10 minutes is a-ok in my book!!! I'm very happy with this phone!

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Just throwing this out there, my 920 is showing signs of wear and tear, but that is due to me having a few too many drinks one night. All in all this phone is awesome! My wife and I (notice the dual responsibly here) put mine in the washing machine and we realized it about 10 minutes after the load started... Very scary moment, but here I am today typing this response on my phone! I must say, something that can put up with my abuse and take a swim for 10 minutes is a-ok in my book!!! I'm very happy with this phone!

I think we've all, unfortunately, been there for that terrifying moment when you realize your phone is still in the pocket of the pants you wore yesterday just after starting laundry. Oy, I freaked once with my T-bolt, but luckily, the load didn't call for those pants, yet (jeans are usually last to be washed around here, and they happened to be a pair of jeans).

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I tell my family to get iPhone because it works. I can't stand anything Apple but I know they won't be disappointed with hardware or software for their needs.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

omg

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

lol

You drank too much Apple koolaid if you think iphones have less issues than the current Lumia phone.

iphones 5 = crap battery life, poor construction, poor reception, camera issues...

On top of that Windows Phone is way easier to use than iOS.

I only direct people to Apple is a specific app they NEED is iphone only. Other than that I steer them clear of the market hype phone.

greg_mitch

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Heck yes! Wireless charging, super sensitive touch (great for industrial enivornments that require gloves), Nokia Maps (with offline), Nokia Drive, Nokia Music (free without ads - with offline music lists up to 4), exclusive apps, etc.

I have owned 11 smartphones since 2005 and this is by far the best one. It has great image and video quality. I got my wife and myself one and some of the integration (sharing grocery lists for example) is so slick it amazes me. I am really starting to like my visual voicemail as well. These aren't necessarily specific to the 920, but this phone puts it all together in a stunning package. I have received several compliments on my phone when I have it out at meetings and such.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss