WP8 Ending A Call...

GiftedSoul

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I've had my HTC 8X on Verizon for about a month now and it's been great so far besides this one issue; when attempting to end a call, I have to tap "End" repeatedly to end the call and even then it takes 7-10 seconds for the call to end. Is anyone else having this issue because when I first bought the phone, making and ending calls were very snappy; no waiting for the call to end, just tap "End" and go back to the homescreen. I really hope this isn't a bug because it doesn't seem like Verizon will be issuing an update anytime soon (as I'm also having issues with my SIM card not responding until I reboot the phone and my Speaker crackling when anything is playing through it as well as having had two reboots already) but I don't want it to be an OS issue that I just have to deal with. When you get a phone, you expect the PHONE to work if nothing else works. Haven't had this issue with my iPhone 4S or my Galaxy Nexus. Even iPhone 5's can make and end a call snappy. WP8 is amazing but if it can't even end a call well, then it's no use to me.

Jeremy Rentiz

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on the same phone 8X on Verizon. But I also had this problem on a Dell Venue Pro running WP7 on T-Mobile... so I don;t know.

It happens ever so often... not every time... Still have not figured it out... I think it has something to do with Skype... or Navigation... It's like when you try to switch from a call to an app... then back to a call.. it just does not seem to want to cooperate and then the only way to get the stupid thing to not say "ENDING CALL" is to hold the power button down for 10 seconds... and reboot... a 30 second plus process! Too bad if you need to make an urgent call!

Makes my wife and daughter's iphone 5's seem reliable!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720