Ordered my 820 today!

Mike3of3

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
After much thought, I took the plunge and ordered my 820 this morning :excited:

Coming from a Blackberry, I'm looking forward to something a bit more interesting and up to date. Will post my thoughts when it arrives in mid-week!

J Hisham

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I would only like to say that you're in for a treat. I myself switched from Android and not long before that I was on iOS.
I instantly fell in love with Lumia when I saw it in my local store for the first time. Not long after that I got myself a Lumia 920 and have loved it to bits since.
I can say this is by far better than iOS and especially Android (this is only my personal feeling, some might beg to differ which is cool)
Hope you enjoy yours when you get it!

rexbaumgartner

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I can clearly tell you that I did my research, as well as some trial and error.....

You are gonna sh!t yourself when you get your hands on this powerful little beast! I hope is last forever! If so, I will never have to by another phone!

apjs87

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
u wont be disappointed with your choice, excellent phone!

I purchased mine sim free, in black, and ordered a nice red back cover - Looking a lot brighter now

Enjoy!

Mike3of3

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
couldnt get a blue one so Ive ordered white - the 820 should arrive wednesday or thursday this week

Im a bit excited :excited:

craigy18181

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
couldnt get a blue one so Ive ordered white - the 820 should arrive wednesday or thursday this week

Im a bit excited :excited:

Cyan shells should be out in the next week. Mobile fun uk emailed me saying they're expecting stock on the 18th. Not sure about anywhere else.

Mike3of3

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So 1 week later and no new handset. Contacted p4u to find they have no stock and wont be getting any for a couple of weeks. I am really angry and disappointed that they took my order and didnt mention the stock issue, so I think i'll have to look at the 8X instead.

Thats the last time I use p4u

I now have a white 820 cover to sell :unhappy:

Chemilinski

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you really need a WP that desperately?

I've been waiting to get one since it was announced last year! If I get a 'stock issue' too in a week's time when I plan to buy it then waiting a bit longer will be worth it.

I'll try to go elsewhere to buy it than Phones4u though, that is quite annoying!

Mike3of3

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
my old phone is falling apart, other than that 2 weeks is do-able (if its 2 weeks)

are the 920's as hard to find as the 820's? its a good sign for WP popularity if that is the case

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Came from a BB, too (Bold 9900). If you're interested in experiencing new things, you wont regret your decision.

Mike3of3

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Despite being told that stock wasnt going to materialise for a week or 2, my 820 arrived today, and she is a thing of beauty :smile:
I also negotiated a free month for the messy customer service, so my first month is going to feel even better!
Ive just popped the white cover on and Im waiting for the new sim to activate.

More updates and thoughts when Ive used it a bit

Mike3of3

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Loving it so far :smile:

It seems very fast and smooth, the OS is great and easy to use. Ive put some music on it, and downloaded skymaps, but I need to go out this weekend and test the camera a little. If Nokia start shouting a bit more about their products I can see people buying lots of Windows phones. Everyone seems interested, but don't seem to have seen one before.

Mike3of3

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I found out today that the external speaker is relatively loud and useful compared to some recent handsets ive used.

Also the Nokia apps are great

Mike3of3

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
2 weeks in and Im still loving the 820. I haven't enjoyed a new phone so much since I don't know when. And to make things even better, my wirelss charger is on the way!

the 820 just keeps on giving :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb