Low light video recording

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I took some low light snaps and videos using my Lumia 920. The low light images were amazing. But with video recording the image enhancer didn't work. There is not even the option of turning flash while taking video recording. How can I enable the image enhancer or flash while recording video?

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I took some low light snaps and videos using my Lumia 920. The low light images were amazing. But with video recording the image enhancer didn't work. There is not even the option of turning flash while taking video recording. How can I enable the image enhancer or flash while recording video?
There's actually an option of using the light/flash on the video settings.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
From my photographical knowledge, I would say that you cannot compare video to photo in this case. The image enhancement works due to the OIS in the camera. When taking photos, an OIS lets you have a longer shutter speed, which makes "brighter photos". In moving pictures (videos), a longer shutter speed would make no sense, because you have to record in realtime. So in video recording there is "only" the less shaky image and no low light enhancement.

I hope thats what you were asking for.

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
By the way, it makes great night videos ... with super great voice too ... I have done some videos in a night concert ... and a night city video and a new year firework video ... really great ones :)

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
From my photographical knowledge, I would say that you cannot compare video to photo in this case. The image enhancement works due to the OIS in the camera. When taking photos, an OIS lets you have a longer shutter speed, which makes "brighter photos". In moving pictures (videos), a longer shutter speed would make no sense, because you have to record in realtime. So in video recording there is "only" the less shaky image and no low light enhancement.

I hope thats what you were asking for.

Yes, thanks, how can I enable flash while taking video. Because the option of flash is not there in video settings

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
By the way, it makes great night videos ... with super great voice too ... I have done some videos in a night concert ... and a night city video and a new year firework video ... really great ones :)

Yes it does the. Generally a 4 minute 1080P video consumes around 700 MB space. Lords of the Rings @ 1080P format having a duration of 3 hours consumes 7GB space. That means I have to enable H.264 format while taking video. Can someone tell me how can i do that?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre