HTC 8X original ringtones vs HTC HD7

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
So I know that anyone can add custom ringtones but am I the only person to be disappointed with the original ringtones that come pre-loaded on the HTC 8X? Are there any differences in the default ringtones and sounds depending on your carrier or region? I'm just curious to know as my phone is carrier unlocked (UK).

On my 8X, there are 21 Windows Phone ringtones and just 2 HTC ringtones. In contrast, my previous HTC HD7 came with 39 Windows Phone ringtones and 63 HTC ringtones.

I actually used 'Bell Curve' on my old HD7 and I've searched high and low and now I've found it! But I wonder if this situation is the same for everyone?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the stock ringtones suck on the 8x compared to the HD7 cant even get a decent classic phone ringtone. Dont think its carrier specific either did have an O2 8X but got an carrier unlocked replacement from HTC now and the tones are idnetical

Did have the distorted ringtone from the film Crank on my HD7 but felt like a change on my 8X and have gone for the instrumental theme from the film Ill Manors.

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On my Verizon 8X, there are 4 HTC ringtones but I think 2 are really Verizon's (one is called VZW Airwaves) and 21 Windows Phone ringtones...and they all suck :grin:
HTC-Boot
PM Cubes
Sense
VZW Airwaves

ScubaSparky

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi Envio
That's a lot for the new link
I've download them :)
As I have yet to set up my 8x from my HD7, do you have any more tips in transfering settings / information over?
Do you recommend using the same Microsoft login, so the Cloud etc is the same, or start a fresh ?Did you manage to transfer over all your history ie sms emails calls ?
Cheers
Simon

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I use a tone that's been around since Windows Mobile 5 or 6...called HTC Innovation. You can find it in most of the free ringtones apps.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi Envio
That's a lot for the new link
I've download them :)
As I have yet to set up my 8x from my HD7, do you have any more tips in transfering settings / information over?
Do you recommend using the same Microsoft login, so the Cloud etc is the same, or start a fresh ?Did you manage to transfer over all your history ie sms emails calls ?
Cheers
Simon

I used the same Microsoft account (I wanted to rename my ID to an outlook.com address first but there's a problem renaming some hotmail accounts like mine so it had to stay the same). Be prepared to lose all your phone settings and history including your SMS and Call History, along with a most other stuff like IE Favourites, WiFi Access Points passwords, Alarms, app and game data (except XBL achievements). Since I still use my HD7 for work, it's not been a huge loss.

As for accounts, when you first sign-in, it will ask you to confirm the password for built-in linked accounts like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter assuming you had these configured on your previous phone. Because I don't use Outlook.com/Homail for my main e-mail, calendar, contacts or notes, I had to setup my Exchange again but of course, that's all I had to do since everything snyc'd once added. As for applications, I had to visit windowsphone.com and view my purchase history and re-install them all again. To be fair, it forced me to think about whether I really wanted them all back.

28 days in and my WP8 phone died and had to be replaced. Because WP8 has some more built-in backup features, I had a much differnet experience setting it all up again but only after WP8 had backed-up to the cloud first. Read here. http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...erience-after-phone-exchange.html#post1852580

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody just got 8x , love this phone.
I am a little confuse with the ringtone, no matter what tone I use, it stays in the stock tone even though the name has changed?
is there something I am missing here?

Never mind I found my problem, I was using my sons phone to call my self to check out the new tone I downloaded, not realizing that his contact on my phone
had the assigned tone that I was trying to get ride of.
What I was changing was the default tone.

Last edited:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody just got 8x , love this phone.
I am a little confuse with the ringtone, no matter what tone I use, it stays in the stock tone even though the name has changed?
is there something I am missing here?

How are you checking that? I ask because, maybe you're asking someone to call who you already have a preset ringtone for.

If not, I have no idea. I don't have that problem. Did you factory reset the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)